Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 bunkers i painted

Article about: Hello to all. I recently realized one iconic bunker ,oil paint on canvas. And i am working on a 2nd one.The ultra famous observation bunker from Guernesey. The first coats are ok,now waiting

Default 2 bunkers i painted

Hello to all.

I recently realized one iconic bunker ,oil paint on canvas.
    And i am working on a 2nd one.The ultra famous observation bunker from Guernesey.
    The first coats are ok,now waiting some days to let them dry before the final colors.

A third is sketched and will be soon primary coated.

I am painting many themas,but bunkers are my cup of tea.

The framed one is 50 cm x 50 cm.
    The Guernesey one is 80 cm x 50 cm.

Hope it is of some interest.
    Have a good evening.

Bunker.jpgWP_20150117_11_11_38_Pro.jpgWP_20150119_05_58_40_Pro.jpg

Thank you for showing us your projects!...It's nice to know that I'm not alone in recognizing the aesthetics of Fortification Architecture...Daunting, foreboding, intimidating...the images take the viewer back to the beach...
    cheers, Glenn

Well done. They pick a design and then stuck to it, these could be anywhere along the Atlantic wall, such as these at Ijmuiden in Holland.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Wonderful Art,,, like it very much.

Eric

Jerry,the bunker on your last pic is my next one.Already sketched ,i have to draw it now on the canvas...Funny,no?

Thank you to all for your kind words.
    I show you now one other style of my paintings.

barracuda.jpgCrabe.jpgForêt.jpgGold_Fish.jpgHerrings.jpgMeroux.jpgYellowfin-tuna-fish.jpg

No need to be Sherlock to see that i also love the fishes's heads

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Jerry,the bunker on your last pic is my next one.Already sketched ,i have to draw it now on the canvas...Funny,no?
    The ones at Ijmuiden. Did you visit the site or get the pics from the net?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well Done Seb !! ..I have just seen by this thread...that this hobby we primarily collect, just does not stop there. History supports our hobby how we study and preserve it. These Art works are a great representation of the past and will as well lead to many future discussions who view the paintings as well as the artifacts we collect.
    Along with the talented Art works of Plastic Model building..which I am so amazed of those whose gift is to recreate in an smaller scale....shares the same light as painting and collecting. Thank you for showing this to me..that History is preserved in more ways than one! cool Militaria Bravo !! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much for your kind words,i appreciate.
    Jerry,i didn't visit the place,internet is my friend

I began a new one ,strangly ended up on a beach.
    I will make it a bit more straight once dry,cause it is too smooth ,according to me.And the ground will be light grey.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Beautiful. Reminds me of all those childhood years i spent running around in the empty bunkers, dreaming of finding a rusty helmet, a gun or anything related to the soldiers....

Would love to have such art like this on my walls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast