Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

2018 WW2 German Helmet of the year??

Article about: So as we enter into December I was thinking of all the great helmets I have seen people post this year. So was thinking of having members post their favorite pick up for the year. As I know

MAP
    ?

Default 2018 WW2 German Helmet of the year??

As we enter into December I was thinking of all the great helmets I have seen people post this year.

So was thinking of having members post their favorite pick up for the year. As I know it is hard to pick a favorite child, if you have purchased more than one I think we can allow people to post up to three helmets. Any WW2 German helmet is allowed, combat or non-combat. It doesn't need to be mint. Just your favorite.

Try to keep the photos of each helmet to the minimum. Maybe just two or three photo of each please.

At the end of the year, if people like we can have a vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It is not about the most minty or the most expensive just the favorite.

Cheers

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 12-01-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Great idea, but my best/most valuable acquisition of the year could not reveal all of it's high points in one single photo.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Mine would as it is the only helmet I own; unfortunately!

John

IMG_3399.jpg

MAP
    ?

I like each for different reasons. They just all so happened to be ET's

So, in order of when they were purchased

#1 M40 ET64 Single decal Heer Normandy Camo - A classic combat used spray "Normandy" Camo. Solid liner but combat used. Initials JH inked on the liner.

M40 ET64 Normandy 19.jpgM40 ET64 Normandy 20.jpg

#2 M40 ET64 Double Decal Police - Early lightly used. Solid liner and chinstrap. Dome stamp. Near perfect non-bordered police decals still in use before ET switched to the bordered decal later in 1940

M40 ET64 Police 17.jpgM40 ET64 Police 16.jpg

#3 M40 ET66 Single Decal exposed Heer "Autumn" Camo - Combat used. Named to (Stabgefreiter) Stgfr Bendel. Was a Big Red 1 Vet pickup (not by me). 98% exposed toned Heer decal. Solid liner and chinstrap. Two color camo (Tan and Brick red). I call this helmet "two face" as either side of the helmet has a predominant color. (I am breaking my own rule and posting two photos to see the different colors)

M40 ET64 Autumn Camo 14.jpgM40 ET64 Autumn Camo 15.jpg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Great idea, but my best/most valuable acquisition of the year could not reveal all of it's high points in one single photo.

I have amended the rules I just didn't want a dozen photos of each helmet. Clogs things up!

Hey Map. Mine is trivial to the original post but you did say one pic.
    Very nice helmets; I am jealous.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Mine would as it is the only helmet I own; unfortunately!

John

Just one helmet is perfectly fine! And you showed a great example. I remember this one! Congrats.

(and I've amended the rules to allow for just some more photos. As noted I didn't want to clog up the thread with massive amounts of photos. Something I am guilty of myself). So add a couple more photos if you like

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Hey Map. Mine is trivial to the original post but you did say one pic.
    Very nice helmets; I am jealous.
    John
    No helmet is trivial. Each are special in their own right.

Default My hkp ND M42

Well, since I featured my favorite of the year last week (M16 named camo) my next pick would be this hkp no decal M42. Although I only got back into collecting a few years ago I soon picked up that no decal M42s were becoming more scarce and thought it was the right time to add one to the collection. I like its rugged simplicity.IMG_4046.JPGIMG_4056.JPGIMG_4059.JPG

This is my best helmet of 2018 - M17 DD POLIZEI with nametag.

Regards
    Replace
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast