Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2020 Collection Resolutions

Article about: So a new year is upon us once again. We can toss out our failed 2019 resolutions and start afresh! So what are your goals for the year? This year....my goals are modest. 1) Get a Haub, 2) Fi

MAP
    ?

Default 2020 Collection Resolutions

So a new year is upon us once again. We can toss out our failed 2019 resolutions and start afresh!

So what are your goals for the year?

This year....my goals are modest.

1) Get a Haub,
    2) Finish acquiring most of the Luft Flight Clasps
    3) Fill in a few gaps in my US Awards collection

I really want to slow down.....as well taking the plunge and consider downsizing.

But if the opportunity arises and the cash is available my long term wish list is to finally acquire the following........

2020 "If I win the Lottery" goal? One of the 7 below.....
    1) Pour Le Merit
    2) Knights Cross
    3) German Cross in Silver
    4) PAB or GAB 75/100
    5) WW1 Juncker Pilot badge
    6) M35 DD SS
    7) 1911 and a P08
    Last edited by MAP; 01-03-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

In 2019 I was able to fill a bunch of holes in my collection and got some other nice pieces. One thing I'd like to do for this year is get more French, Russian, and German items though my main goal is to complete my USAAF display.

My priority list is:

1 USAAF display
    2 WW1 Camo Imperial German helmet
    3 WW1 French Légion d'honneur or WW2 M26 Adrian
    4 SSh 39/40 or order of the great patriotic war 2nd class
    5 US WW2 patches

Also I need to reorganize my collection and get a torso mannequin

None for me, other than what falls into place as always, still short that un molested Swiss pack! tough times ahead

Quote by MAP View Post
    ...and consider downsizing.

But if the opportunity arises and the cash is available my long term wish list is to finally acquire the following........

2020 goal? One of the 6 below.....
    1) Pour Le Merit
    2) Knights Cross
    3) German Cross in Silver
    4) PAB or GAB 75/100
    5) WW1 Juncker Pilot badge
    6) M35 DD SS
    7) 1911 and a P08
    Downsizing?! I am already circling like a vulture Michael

One of the 6 below? You have already added another to the list. Some of those you will need to re-mortgage for....

For me, i will also be taking 2020 quite slow. x2 helmets of which one will be a polizei.
    Good quality Winterhilfswerk collection tin.
    Wound badge in gold by Carl Wild (107).
    German wedding helmet.

nick

To continue to focus on allied Prisoner of War food parcel contents, whilst downsizing as well.

If i can add just three or four new items to the display this year I'll be happy. A WW2 chocolate bar and a couple of tins or packets would do nicely.

Rob

Like last year, I'm planning on reducing the amount and size of purchases, due to a house move which is still on the near horizon. Hopefully it happens this year. Until then, I'll be focusing on smaller items like awards and paperwork, and will be partially switching my collecting focus from militaria to medieval hammered coins. About as expensive as collecting military artifacts, but takes up a mere fraction of the space.

Saying that, the collecting bug is not an easy one to ignore. You can try to resist it as much as you like, and you may succeed. Right up to the moment you happen to be browsing a website, and see that one item you just 'have' to add to your collection.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Downsizing?! I am already circling like a vulture Michael

One of the 6 below? You have already added another to the list. Some of those you will need to re-mortgage for....

For me, i will also be taking 2020 quite slow. x2 helmets of which one will be a polizei.
    Good quality Winterhilfswerk collection tin.
    Wound badge in gold by Carl Wild (107).
    German wedding helmet.

nick
    LoL...I threw in the 1911 and P-08 after the fact .... I've edited by "clarifying" my goal...

I don't plan on getting any of these given the cost but all of them are "lottery winning" wishes
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am hoping to save a little money this year. I do not have any specific
    items that I am looking for but as always, if that odd or unusual iron cross comes
    along, I just can't seem to help but get it.

Spend less, photograph more.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 01-03-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

More PAB's!
    And any other Panzer related items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Since i have a focus on completing displays, I need particular items. To finish an IJA private, I will need a rear ammo pouch with oiler. Maybe an issue blanket as well. For an HG Division Flak Kanonier, I need and HG cuff title to replace the repro. For a GJ Italian front display, I need a service shirt and one G43 pouch. For my US Army Italian front display, I need a rifle and ammo pouches. I have not decided yet on the type. They are all expensive and I don't plant to fire it. So maybe a repro? Last but not least, for a Heer artillery NCO, I need a proper side-arm. I was thinking either a PPK or foreign made piece in service with the Wehrmacht. Neil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast