Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Any active duty British soldiers here?

Article about: Is anyone here currently in the British Army? I am trying to track down a current soldier to give them a "present". We just left Iraq and our medics "officially" closed d

Default Any active duty British soldiers here?

Is anyone here currently in the British Army? I am trying to track down a current soldier to give them a "present".

We just left Iraq and our medics "officially" closed down their medical clinic. On the wall when they got there was a little sign that opened it in 2008. The British soldier signed the plaque and I had our medics and doc sign it when they left. I would like to send it back to the soldier as a former Iraq memento.

Obviously I do not want to post his name here but would like some active duty assistance in getting this back to him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike
    (from Kuwait heading out the door...)

Default Re: Any active duty British soldiers here?

Hi Mike, if you don't get a reply on this I might be able to help as I know a couple of lads who are still serving.

Cheers, Ade.

You could try going through the MOD , you never know 1 of them might help . Sorry can't help , been out to many years now

If you know the regiment/Battalion try going direct to them, The Adjutant's or the RSM's staff may be helpful or at least point you in the right direction. The regimental web sites are all on the main MOD website just drill down for each Regt., Corps or Battalion. This route if not actually directed to an individual or dept. within the chosen unit can get lost as I found out the first time I contacted my son's Battalion, a clerk is the the first point of contact and generic messages are left to this individual to make the decision, 'Do i pass it on or do I delete it'! As i found out... Anyway good luck