Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any Dealing with Collector's Guild / germanmilitaria.com

Article about: Hi all, Just wanted the opinions of others who have purchased items online before. Long story made short, I researched a helmet that I was interested in purchasing and I researched the deale

Default Any Dealing with Collector's Guild / germanmilitaria.com

Hi all,

Just wanted the opinions of others who have purchased items online before. Long story made short, I researched a helmet that I was interested in purchasing and I researched the dealer (Collector's Guild/ germanmilitaria.com). I liked what I found both in my research on the item as well as the reviews I read of the dealer. I sent a cashier's check through the mail, from the US to their address in Canada. It has been nearly three weeks since I did so. I have heard nothing from them. When asking whether it was received, I was told it typically takes a few weeks for the money to arrive. That just seems like an extremely long amount of time. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

JMM
    ?

Purchased a few items from them in the past and never had any problems (but I have to admit they are not very fast).
    Don't forget that due to CV-19 shippings are slower.
    Hope you get it soon !

I've bought from them a few times and have been very happy with the purchases.
    That being said-- It always seemed to take longer than I expected and they are not
    real good with communication. But I've never had any issues with the items
    that I've bought.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree with above comments. Slow to respond often, but in my experience stuff always arrived, eventually.

CBH
    ?

I know they are preparing for an July update and that might also slow things down, also border customs is very slow lately.

Quote by CBH View Post
    ... also border customs is very slow lately.
    Yes it is.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Purchased a few items from them over the years and never had a problem. Most of the items they have for sale are on a consignment basis, so it probably takes them time to contact the owner of the item listed for sale and arrange payment/shipment. All the best, Colin

They're reliable and know what they got. I have purchased a number of their items without issue. However, do not expect fast shipping. And if you aren't getting responses from one email use the backup email. Otherwise, look about and see what they've got. You won't be disappointed.