Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any militaria / historical collecting podcasts out there?

Article about: Hello all! I'm a new member here, so hopefully this is the correct subforum for this thread, at least I didn't find anything more suitable. The question is pretty much in the title of this t

Question Any militaria / historical collecting podcasts out there?

Hello all!

I'm a new member here, so hopefully this is the correct subforum for this thread, at least I didn't find anything more suitable.

The question is pretty much in the title of this thread, are there any podcasts focused on militaria and collecting historical items out there worth listening to? I tried searching for them, but I wasn't able to distinguish that between just military history podcasts. I only found one called "Surplus Geek Podcast" which seems to be focused on this topic, but I haven't had the chance to listen to it just yet. If anyone is interested in that, here's the link: Surplus Geek Podcast

So, please share if there's any podcasts worth listening to that discuss topics related especially to the hobby of militaria collecting or whatever you like to call it... For example something like the lecture series on Wittmann's Youtube channel but in a podcast format or just general discussion about historical items, collecting, shows and so on.

If there are other podcasts that are not specifically related to collecting but are otherwise very good on military history topics, please share those as well, there's never enough of quality podcasts to listen to.

Thanks everyone!

MAP
    ?

Well never having listed to Podcasts I can't help, but while probably not what your looking for, Mark Felton has some great video's on YouTube.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used to listen to pod casts years back, this is one "The Pritzker Military Museum & Library" I thoroughly enjoyed and have archived the audio one's for myself but they've changed from what I knew -- But this is history stuff hey!

Medal of Honor Recipients Live Interviews, Webcast, Podcast | Pritzker Military Museum & Library | Chicago

Thanks guys for the recommendations, I'll check them out! I've seen a couple of the Mark Felton videos and they have been good, for some reason I haven't watched any for a little while. I do watch multiple YouTube channels dedicated to militaria and military history, but sometimes when doing other things it's nice to listen to a podcast which doesn't require you to focus fully on it.

I listened to the first episode of the podcast I linked above, The Surplus Geek and I would say it was decent enough to listen to although not really focused on the topics I'm personally interested. As the name might suggest, they seem to focus on mostly surplus so a bit more modern stuff but still interesting.

MAP
    ?

Just listened to my FIRST Podcast! Thanks for the link.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Another recommendation is Lindybeige. While mostly discussing history, he has other interesting videos as well. Definitely one person to watch for just his personality alone.

Lindybeige is certainly entertaining, he's a long time favourite. I'm quite surprised that there doesn't seem to be any podcasts that are really focused on the collecting side of things, like discussing daggers in detail or anything like that. There seems to be podcasts for pretty much everything out there, so I was sure there would be for this as well. Oh well, maybe it's not the best medium for such a visual hobby, but still I would listen to something like that. One could do for example histories of the different Solingen manufactures and all sorts of interesting things, although there's probably not that much information out there for a lot of this stuff.

You also have to consider the content of the podcasts.
    Much of this "stuff" is not for mainstream media or audiences, unless it is for promoting censorship.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

With military collecting be such a visual based activity, I don’t think it would work well as a pod cast. Mostly because it’s the minute details of the items that define real or fake. As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Mark Felton also has a audio only YouTube channel where he details historical events with only a few photos used. It’s a good background audio if you have divided attention.

While more history based and not about collecting as such I can heartily recommend Al Murray and James Holland's

Home – We Have Ways of Making You Talk Podcast

James does collect himself as anyone will have guessed if you watch any of his TV programmes as he is always wearing a WW2 US jacket of some sort.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast