Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

anyone seen this helmet?

Article about: hi folks found this in a box in my dads garage another one of those things hoarded just because what it is, i have no idea what it is but think its a motorcycle crash helmet for anyone know

Default anyone seen this helmet?

hi folks found this in a box in my dads garage another one of those things hoarded just because what it is, i have no idea what it is but think its a motorcycle crash helmet for anyone know what the emblem is on the front? or when it could date to? tag looks german or something post war it is but for what? any ideas welcome

it has a german name penned inside and the liner and helmet overall shows some ware.

regards ewan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: anyone seen this helmet?

Looks like a German Police Motorcycle Helmet, maybe 1960's, cant think off hand where the crest is from but other more knowledgeable members will be able to inform you of that

Quote by Soldierblu View Post
    Looks like a German Police Motorcycle Helmet, maybe 1960's, cant think off hand where the crest is from but other more knowledgeable members will be able to inform you of that
    Ewan,

I drive past the crest on the A2 every time I go to our warehouse in Beliefeld. I will take note next time.
    The Germans have these crests displayed as you leave one county to the next.

Jock

Ewan Stirling, jock auld, indeed as Solderblu states German Polizie motorcycle crash helmet as worn well into the eighties before many Police depts in Germany adopted the BMW 'System' helmet, this one belongs to member of the Lower Saxony Police,West Germany, (Niedersachsen).
    Last edited by oradour; 05-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.

thanks all you guys! cheers for that jock also good info that oradour many thanks the item has now got more cool for me off to the cupboard now instead of the garage. thanks again.

regards ewan
    Last edited by HJ-Collector; 05-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.