Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann&söne

Article about: Anyone can tell me more about these sales birds after the war

Default Assmann&söne

Anyone can tell me more about these sales birds after the war

Hello Haag....could you be more specific in your question for the community here.

Assmann & Sohn is a large topic that covers many items by this producer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have moved your thread to the DISCUSSIONS forum for more exposure. It was posted in the Soviet Awards section.

If there is some information that the Firm made awards for the Soviets after WW2 and if there is evidence of marked Soviet Awards with the Assman and Sohn hallmark I will redirect.

Assmann and Sohn produced many US Army insignia after the war to include unit crests, collar brass, uniform buttons, marksmanship badges, airborne wings, combat infantryman's badges and other items. Many US insignia collectors who collect foreign made US insignia will have numerous examples of the Assmann Firms post war insignia in their collections.

Here are some examples of post war made US insignia in my collection by the Firm Assmann and Sohn. As you can see the firm retained the famous "A" Hallmark on their products.

Just recently a gentleman purchased a large collection of the US made insignia boards that were manufacturers examples made by Assmann at a collectors show. He posted it on the ASMIC (American Society of Military Insignia Collectors) FACEBOOK Page. It is the first time that most of the Assmann insignia made for the US was together in one group. It is a stunning collection to have. The vast majority of what Assmann made after the war were collar insignia as well as unit crests. There was no written catalog that I am aware of post war made insignia. The only book/catalog I know of is the wartime catalog that showed the Third Reich era insignia that Assmann made.

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a link to another forum (US Militaria Forum) that discusses Assmann and Sohne's post war manufacturing of US insignia.

F. W. Assmann & Sohne - REFERENCE (Listed in Alphabetical Order) - U.S. Militaria Forum

Smitty