Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Attention – collection stolen!

Article about: It is sad, but true. Next week I will return this subject for more details, but for now just a short announcement. Last weekend the entire collection from my friend Philippe Gillain from Bel

Cannot understand the "Criminal mindset". How can anyone normal enjoy owning another collectors items that were stolen ? Part of the fun for me in regards to collecting is putting together the funds needed for a new item & that means working very hard, sometimes overtime to reward oneself with a new prize for their collection.

Knowing some collector maybe thinking of "blowing his brains out" over this theft...hardly the way to enjoy something. If it was done solely for profit...whoever buys any of it I would think knows it is stolen, how can one enjoy it ?

Christ! He must be devastated

My collection is tiny but if it was stolen I would be distraught!!

I hope they catch the scum who did it
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

What a sad news, it makes me feeling so sorry for him. All my sympathy for him.

Erlend
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 09-15-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Wow! Outrageous! This is terrible news. I cannot even begin to fathom how he must feel. A lifetime's work gone. Human filth. I hope he can recover it intact.

AIF
    ?

My god, this is absolutely sickening... I can't even begin to imagine what the poor bloke must feel like coming home to find everything he has worked so long and so hard for just gone! I agree there is no way it was just by chance, it has to have been a job by a proffessional gang and paid for by some asshole with more money than morals, straight up Bond villian evil as there is no way this was by chance and you would not be able to move such rare and unique items like that piece by piece or even in lots.

I really hope your friend is ok, he must be absolutely heartbroken

This here is a prime example of why I whole heartedly support the bringing back of hanging or the chopping off of hands for thieves!

This is one of my biggest fears.
    Sadly, his collection probably will be split and end up in someone
    else's private collection, never to be seen again.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Cannot understand the "Criminal mindset". How can anyone normal enjoy owning another collectors items that were stolen ?
    The Mindset is easy to understand ..... what care do roaches really have ? ,,...Pieces OS !!

Sorry to hear of this distressful occurrence and a sad loss ..... and hopeful that the roaches are caught and stomped underfoot in the dirt where they were born.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A sad, and terrible thing. I remember the feeling when I sold my company I built from scratch, it was like a piece of me was gone forever. That only took me 5 years to build, and 10 years later, I can't bring myself to look at that kind of work, (e-commerce,) quirky being nauseated. My sympathies go out to the man.

?

This is disgusting! What a beautiful collection, I could not even imagine how he feels. Very very sorry this has happened.

MAP
    ?

Heart breaking. I doubt we will ever see something like this "trickle" out into the market place. It is too hot. I agree with the theory that this was organized and the distribution of the items was pre-arranged. Not to see the light of day until the next generation.

That said, does he have photos of the items? or at least of some of them? Could we create a thread here and on all the forums with these photos so people can at least try to keep a look out?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast