Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

For the attention of Mods as appropriate

Article about: This morning 171222 I at 0141 GMT I received an email notification apparently from the forum advising that a new post had been made on a thread to which I have subscribed. This is perfectly

Default For the attention of Mods as appropriate

This morning 171222 I at 0141 GMT I received an email notification apparently from the forum advising that a new post had been made on a thread to which I have subscribed. This is perfectly normal so I opened it. However the post appeared to have a political or support seeking content concerning the current war in Ukraine. This was totally unrelated to the topic (German cemetery in Kharkiv).

The post itself is not apparent in the thread in fact the last post there was my own.

I did not recognise the username; 1SoldierMatt so I looked in the members list and cannot see that user name at all.

The name used as a signature was Matt Zureiqi which surname sounds Middle Eastern to me.

The poster claims to be from Manchester UK which is a bit vague as the name Manchester covers not just the City of Manchester but a large metropolitan area. I am from Greater Manchester and the vernacular used is somewhat odd. The poster gives an apparently male name but seems to write as a female and seems to be trying to garner sympathy for civilians in Ukraine (is this a precursor to asking for donations?) and my natural suspicions were aroused by this rather odd message in the circumstances.

So I wonder if any other members have seen the same message or have any knowledge of 1SoldierMatt? Also whether Mods are already aware and have taken action?

I haven't deleted the email at this point in case Mods wish to see it but I have every intention of ignoring it completely.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark.

Thanks for the heads up.

We are aware of the user and I will inform the other mods.

Kind regards,

Will.

I've seen a message on the forum, but I didn't respond. I did get the impression it was about donations, which I am not averse to - especially for good causes. And who could doubt that the Ukrainian cause is indeed a good one? But I don't donate anything unless I know it is legitimate, and not just another scam.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I've seen a message on the forum, but I didn't respond. I did get the impression it was about donations, which I am not averse to - especially for good causes. And who could doubt that the Ukrainian cause is indeed a good one? But I don't donate anything unless I know it is legitimate, and not just another scam.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I was also concerned that apart from the email I could not find either the post (which was totally off topic anyway) or the user name on the forum.

I too am wholly in favour of our national position regarding Ukraine and I do give support where appropriate but this was just odd so I felt it had to be "flagged up"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This new member has had multiple accounts banned for sollicitation.
    I never open the actual e-mail notifications, I simply delete them and go to WRF to look at what's new.
    If there is something that needs to be responded to, I do it then.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)