Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

AZ Phil Yuma USA

Article about: Just thought I would post a couple of pictures from our recent trip to the states from across the pond, We did have a fantastic time travelling from Denver through the Rockies down to Arizon

?

It was wonderful to meet you and the new wife. The tour was my pleasure. I like to show off what we have here. I had mentioned I had a old Marine Corps buddy coming that night and I gave him the same tour the following day but we had the chance to get what we missed the day you were there. The roar and rumble of the F35. But you got the Patch and I'm glad to hear they are being proudly used!!!!

F-35 STOVL 2.jpg
    I had to fix this as it was the squadron I used to worked for when I was on that side of the Field.
    VMFT 401
    F5.jpg

Semper Fi
    Phil

I'll have to try and find my pictures of Yuma. I was only a kid when I lived there but I did
    manage to get some pictures of some of the planes at MAS and also some from the "Military
    Appreciation Days" displays ---Do they still do that ?

I lived there in 66-67. F4s and Hueys were flying over the house constantly. I was there when the F111
    first showed up for hot weather testing. Plus the Army proofing grounds were testing the
    atomic cannon, firing blank tracers over the city.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I'll have to try and find my pictures of Yuma. I was only a kid when I lived there but I did
    manage to get some pictures of some of the planes at MAS and also some from the "Military
    Appreciation Days" displays ---Do they still do that ?

I lived there in 66-67. F4s and Hueys were flying over the house constantly. I was there when the F111
    first showed up for hot weather testing. Plus the Army proofing grounds were testing the
    atomic cannon, firing blank tracers over the city.
    I would love to see them. Yuma has changed a great deal from when I showed up here as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in 12/82. The F4's (VMFAT 101)were still here and I worked on the A4's (VMAT 102) all long gone but on the static display out front of the base.
    We used to have a yearly Air Show's until the budget cuts. They have announced that this year there will be an Appreciation Day with static displays but no flights.
    The Yuma Proving Grounds is still active with testing. The atomic cannons are on display along with the atomic MGR-1 Honest John, that was tested here.

If any other member is making there way through the desert here. Give me a holler. I would be more than happy to give you a tour. And like John had mentioned. It does get a little warm here during the summer. I think the term used was "Bloody Hot"

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Philly Dog is the host with the most. Some day my friend I am making the visit. Get the beers ready! Thanks for posting and glad you guys had a great time. Very cool that this family on the forum has extended itself far beyond just militaria. Band of Brothers. Proud to be a small part of it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Do you mean to tell me Phil is a nice guy!!!! Great job!!!! Looks like a good time was had by all.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Great that folks get to meet up!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2