Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bad buying, selling and posting practices.

Article about: Gentlemen and Ladies. Just recently there has been a couple of threads started on the forum by members who are complaining about deals made and handled off this site. There was the DKiS fake

?

Default Bad buying, selling and posting practices.

Gentlemen and Ladies.

Just recently there has been a couple of threads started on the forum by members who are complaining about deals made and handled off this site. There was the DKiS fake but real thread a few weeks ago and now the helmet disaster.

I will make it perfectly clear that this forum is not to be used to air dirty laundry in public and nor is it a platform to be used to tell tales on another member - especially if you made an agreement or deal elsewhere.

It is completely wrong to ask members here to support you or take sides on something that we know little about, only hearing one side of the story or telling it with a self biased slant.

As always, there are two sides to every story and details are always omitted. There are a band of members here who are always too eager to jump on a bandwagon and slate another member for no reason and based solely on a single side of the tale. Not really a mature way to conduct yourselves.

With every deal or transaction you make, do it the right way. These things sound simple but very often are the cause of unnecessary confusion and upset.

Agree a price.

Agree a payment method and stick to it.

Agree a timescale to pay over or a date to finalise a complete payment and stick to it.

Don't change the deal halfway through.

Know who you're buying from.

Make sure you can honour the deal - both buyer and seller.

Be perfectly honest and up front about what you want and how you want it.

Agree your method of shipping.

Don't offer something for sale if you have no intention of selling it.

Decide who will incur any fees.

Agree on who will pay for shipping.

Agree on the type of shipping and if the buyer wants registered shipping and as the seller, you honour it.

Don't stretch yourself to buy something, keep things within your manageable means.

If you can't pay via the seller's requested method don't bother.

Most importantly, don't commit to a purchase if there is any risk of you not being able to complete it in the way you have agreed with the seller.

These are all so easy for adults to arrange. If during negotiations thing don't look good or you're uncomfortable, say no thank you and walk away. There is no deal worth all the hassle and name calling and damage to hard earned reputations for the sake of a bad seller or buyer. Don't risk it.

As I said before, this forum will not entertain on the public domain, any threads the like that we have seen recently where two adults seemingly can't sort things out by themselves without resorting to posting their tales of woe and trying to get public support. This is not a school playground.

If there is any problems directly associated with this site then please ask for advice but do it in a grown up manner and do not lower yourself to posting private messages in public without the other person's consent. By the very nature of PRIVATE messages, they are private and should not be disclosed openly for all to see. If the forum staff deem in necessary to see them then you forward them by PRIVATE message.

This is not a site like others where you can air your dirty laundry and get a ten page thread of rubbish and worthless posts. It might be entertaining elsewhere but they will be closed and deleted here. Public spectacles of humiliation and fighting died out with the ancient Romans. If you're an adult, act like one and use your adult common sense to decide your own fate in the militaria market place.

Don't come crying here when your own lack of judgement has let you down or you have been the one who has reneged on a deal and definitely not when it has happened elsewhere.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

And whatever you do Adrian never open the package!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well said Adrian. Especially rule number 5. In my list is number 1.
    Does the thread with the "helmet disaster" still exist? I must have missed that one.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thought you would like that but on a serious note this is and will always be a military/history discussion forum first........

What do you mean you won't accept monopoly money for it in six months time, bah I'll take my custom elsewhere then!

Wise words Adrian.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Well said Adrian , the recent airing of private correspondance on the forum to try and gain the sympathy vote are totally out of order , if anyone has any issues regarding any deals they should contact the moderators to discuss the circumstances instead of using the forum to attempt to slander other members !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank you Adrian for the posting WRF approach to what should be basic common sense and should always be a private matter and not for public consumption.

Well said Adrian , I fully concur.

"Public spectacles of humiliation and fighting died out with the ancient Romans."

well, actually any number of 'reality' TV shows fill this void, American Idol, the Bachelor, Fear Factor, Oprah, WNBA, Pro golf, Faux News.....

However, all excellent points. And In my experience and it did take a while to achieve a certain collector zen, another just like it or near enough will eventually come along so don't loose sleep and stay sane and responsible. And, really, if it seams too good to be true, it usually is. There are lucky finds (usually in person and places like antique malls, estate sales etc.) but it is pretty obvious that it is not going to happened on an internet forum.

Quote by asterperious View Post
    "Public spectacles of humiliation and fighting died out with the ancient Romans."

well, actually any number of 'reality' TV shows fill this void, American Idol, the Bachelor, Fear Factor, Oprah, WNBA, Pro golf, Faux News.....

However, all excellent points. And In my experience and it did take a while to achieve a certain collector zen, another just like it or near enough will eventually come along so don't loose sleep and stay sane and responsible. And, really, if it seams too good to be true, it usually is. There are lucky finds (usually in person and places like antique malls, estate sales etc.) but it is pretty obvious that it is not going to happened on an internet forum.
    I agree on most, fully!
    I hate those "reality shows" where people are humiliated or show (or bring up!)the worst in someone, they should be banned!
    Also agree with Adrian and thank him for thise and all other efforts on the forum, I do appreciate his work very much.

On the other hand, bringing out in the open (on the forum) some matters (between members) are possible to me; it did work for me every time I did so. On thise and other fora. As long as you keep it civilized and polite that is. I agree it is no fun for other members to have to witness such discussions, and a follow up by mod's is indeed necessary.

And finaly when you say;
    There are lucky finds (usually in person and places like antique malls, estate sales etc.) but it is pretty obvious that it is not going to happened on an internet forum
    True again! But it does happen on internet fora as well; the thing is you shouldn't be looking for them; they usualy come to you. The thing is to be present and vigilant... at ease. Just like it happens in real live, being at the right place at the right momment (with the right people!).

cheers

|<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast