Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Basic Training!

Article about: Hi all! I know i am a noob here, but i just wanted to let everyone know that i am leaving for Basic Combat Training on July 2! I joined the Army Reserves at 17 with my parents consent last J

Default Basic Training!

Hi all!

I know i am a noob here, but i just wanted to let everyone know that i am leaving for Basic Combat Training on July 2! I joined the Army Reserves at 17 with my parents consent last July and now my senior year has flown by and here i am a couple of days away from leaving. I am excited and nervous, and i cant wait to be an official US Army soldier. I just wanted to say thank you to all for the information i have learned here and hopefully when i come back i can afford some nice German items!! Wish me luck and i hope to hear from everyone when i get back!

Thank you,

Haydn

Ps i am going to Ft Jackson, SC and then off to Ft Huachuca in AZ!

Default Re: Basic Training!

Good luck! Do you have any long term plans of your career in the Army? I still have two years to wait until I turn 18 and get conscripted into the Finnish Defence Forces, sometimes the whole two year time feels like an hundred years!

Good luck!-Went through Basic many years ago as long as you're in reasonably good shape you should be OK and oh yes; keep your mouth shut; you don't want to say or do anything that singles you out to the drill sergeants. It will be over before you know it!

Theres a saying here in Finland about the Defence Forces, it goes something like this in english: "You dont have to think in the FDF, because everything will be thought for you"

?

Good luck lad.

?

Good luck mate and remember everything there will happen for a reason even the stuff that seems meaningless.

Regards, Lars

Best of luck to you Haydn, coincidentally I'm starting my basic training for the Army here in the UK on the same day as you

Thanks

Danny

Best of luck. Keep your eyes and ears open, and your mouth shut! You said you're going to Ft Huachuca for AIT. What MOS?

Dusty

All the best to you both!

And especially for you Danny, remember......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you everyone! And Poromies, that time will come before you know it! Danny, how ironic! Ill be thinking of you! haha. My career, i havent decided exactly what i want to do. Ive been thinking either 20 years in the service and get a nice pension or get out after my contract ends. I think it all depends on the events of the world, right now things arent looking too good right now. I picked 35F, which is Intelligence Analyst, i get a TS clearance too! so that should be fun!

Haydn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast