Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

BF V video game might be in WW2

Article about: I suppose this wont interest the majority on this forum. But this game might reignite interest for ww2 as whole for a while like in the early 2000s with the general public I have been playin

?

The battle royale mode looks trash. It’s obvious EA are just throwing demands to dice to make this a money maker , inclusive to all game. Fortnite showed how you can make money off cosmetics so expect bf5 to ram cosmetics items in your face. It’s obvious this will be the case. Free dlc and no premium. No continuous money source. Yea you dont have to buy them but it will probably get on your nerves.

Bf1943 just became backwards compatible on xbox 1 so i have been playing the hell out of that.

MAP
    ?

All I know is that in COD WW2, they totally screwed up the German uniforms and so.e of the weapons. All eagles were on the sleeves even on Wehrmacht uniforms. Heer collar litzen in SS uniforms. Russian weapons on the Normandy beaches??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You're completely right B.B., and I agree that it's a shame they seem unable to only have women in realistic situations. It does look like one of the campaign stories follows a woman in the Norwegian Resistance, so they could be trying. I guess in multiplayer it would be much harder to do this without affecting the cosmetics they want, and so lots of lost potential money.

I found an article (Gamasutra - 'This is not okay': EA minces no words on backlash against women in Battlefield) where an EA person said "you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game", which seems a bit blunt. He also tried to compare women in Fortnite with women in BFV (almost like they're trying to replicate it in someway...).

I'm kind of wishing I got an Xbox so I could try Bf1943!

?

I suppose a bit of time has passed and most of us here will have seen the alpha gameplay

What are all of your opinions of it now?

I am still not sure what I think of it. The revive system seems very time consuming and somewhat annoying “screaming for help” . The air combat seems very meh as in you cannot attack ground troops very well. The ammo system seems a bit pathetic. Two mags worth for an assault rifle, I suppose this promotes “team play” but we all know support players never drop ammo.

My issue with the amount of woman in the game still somewhat exists. I would not be bothered by this if they were not advertising the game as “historical” but they have. If they advertised it as there own spin on the conflict I would be fine. I still find it disrespectful to vast majority who actually served in ww2

To be fully honest I’m more hyped for the new DOOM game

The gameplay looks pretty solid, but this whole fiasco with pandering to political correctness has left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially given the development team basically told their concerned fanbase to stick it where the sun don't shine, I think I'll be giving this one a miss. Not because I don't like the look of the game, but because I don't want to give money to a company that treats its customers with such condescension and naked contempt.

Regards, B.B.

?

EA seem to be burying there own grave now. They also ruined command and conquer and i saw a video about EA disrespecting fans. I may pick up bfv If it gets a free weekend to play, Like what rainbow 6 siege does. I will play the beta but i will not pre order.

I am still somewhat annoyed how everything turned out. I was wanting a time killer game to play for ages. The only interesting ww2 game to play on console atm is a rts called sudden strike which just got a finland dlc.

B679BEBB-8E87-4BA3-967F-D1FAB6157F61.jpeg

Although I have certainly had fun with some of the games in this series; 'World at War' being one of them. To find any type of acceptable 'realism' on these high value production games is difficult. I guess I am showing my age in regards to computer games when I say nothing has come close to the Microsoft series 'Close Combat'. I recall playing the first one in 1996 and it was truly a masterpiece. I had learnt so much about WWII materiel, morale and tactics from this gem. The close combat series has been difficult to beat in regards to a relatively realistic combat sim game. There are some notable games which carry on this attempt at a serious representational WW2 war game: I recommend the 'Theatre of War' series from the Battlefront.com company or the Graviteam Tactics games from the Graviteam company. Unfortunately the market for realistic military sims is still lacking and these teams are relatively independent. So this means production values are lacking. I always try to support these small companies because they attempt to make the games I feel are worth playing.

Come on all get with the new stuff well this is but... has one fav 1941

René, I do remember that one well!
    I think this is the one that started it all for me. I recall sneaking into the smoky back rooms to play in milk bars during the 1980's!
    Mum caught me once and pulled me out ear first!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by christek View Post
    René, I do remember that one well!
    I think this is the one that started it all for me. I recall sneaking into the smoky back rooms to play in milk bars during the 1980's!
    Mum caught me once and pulled me out ear first!
    Ah the milk bars, after school I'd play the 20ct 1941 table game, memories!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast