MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a bit morbid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article about: by Stewy S Don,i understand what you're saying. But it's the "nature of the beast" in our field of collecting. If you think,how many of the ground dug awards that appear in some fo

?

Default This is a bit morbid!!!!!!!!!!!!

just found this for sale on ebay am i wrong or is that blood stains on the liner not good..............not good at all

Bulgarian WW2 BULLET HOLED Helmet Complete on eBay (end time 22-Jul-09 20:15:00 BST)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: This is a bit morbid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not good if you were wearing it Nick. Stewy S

?

if i was wearing it, it wouldn't have done any damage as i have nothing to damage there in the first place

Quote by NickD View Post
    if i was wearing it, it wouldn't have done any damage as i have nothing to damage there in the first place
    Oh yeah,you're a Scouser. Sorry. Stewy S

?

io im not a scouser who told ya that

Hi all,

From the photos, it does look like blood staining. I like to see items like this end up in the hands of collectors who respect the sacrifices and consequences of war. If displayed properly, this could be a powerful and tangible illustration of the costs of battle.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by NickD View Post
    io im not a scouser who told ya that
    Sorry Nick,you sound like one. Anyway we digress. Not knowing anything about helmets. Is the hole in the side the entry & the one to the rear the exit? Just going on the shape of said holes. Stewy S

?

Perhaps someone should report it to eBay?
    I find the sale for profit of items like this on eBay distasteful & disrespectful.

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    I like to see items like this end up in the hands of collectors who respect the sacrifices and consequences of war. If displayed properly, this could be a powerful and tangible illustration of the costs of battle.
    Agreed. Preferably in a recognised museum or other public collection.

Don

String to the lining is replaced as there appears to be a lack of staining to it. Stewy S

Don,i understand what you're saying. But it's the "nature of the beast" in our field of collecting. If you think,how many of the ground dug awards that appear in some folks collections (without their knowing). Were found on someones remains? Which were subsequently reburied? Or how many awards,pics or documents were removed from corpses as "souvenirs"? We will never know & probably best we don't. Stewy S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast