Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bsw stamp

Article about: Hello I am looking for any information on the company Bruder Schneider Wein. My grand father was on U4 of the AH submarine force from 1913 to 1918. He gave me his badge when I became a subma

wjt
    ?

Default Bsw stamp

Hello
    I am looking for any information on the company Bruder Schneider Wein. My grand father was on U4 of the AH submarine force from 1913 to 1918. He gave me his badge when I became a submarine sailor in the US Submarine service and it was stamped with the clove BSW on the tang clip. I find now that there a lot of fakes and post WW2 reproductions. The history would be a great deal of help. Thanks
    Bill

I have moved your thread to the Discussion section of the forum.
    I feel that you will likely get more answers than in the USSR section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Would be nice to see the badge?
    I have their address as;
    Brüder Schneider AG, Wien, VI/56, Bürgerspitalgasse 10.

?

Best idea would be to post some clear front and back images of the badge to see what you have.
    I'm fairly sure that BSW didn't make any Third Reich naval badges but prior to that (to take into consideration the dates you mention) I don't know.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

wjt
    ?

Sorry it has been so long. I am looking for info on BSW because my grandfather who served on U4 of the AH navy during WW1 Gave me his badge before his passing. I know it is not the one he war on his uniform but I believe it to be a jewelers copy he purchased because the Sailors were not allowed to keep the original due to regulations. As I understand it there are no known example of the original ones worn by sailors.