Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could anyone please identify these ribbons and awards please?

Article about: Good morning, Just trying to colourise a photo, but have been brought to a halt by not knowing what the awards are. I think the first one is an Iron Cross, and on the left side there is a ge

RTH
    ?

Default Could anyone please identify these ribbons and awards please?

Good morning,

Just trying to colourise a photo, but have been brought to a halt by not knowing what the awards are. I think the first one is an Iron Cross, and on the left side there is a german cross of some sort. Not sure about the others though. Could anyone please help me? I have one image that I use as reference, but it's more difficult when they have pins on the ribbons as well.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure that the bar above the ribbons is the close combat badge maybe? Sorry, I know nothing about medals.

Many thanks

Capture.PNG
    Ribbons_worn_by_Germans_WW2.png

?

You are correct in that the first one is an Iron Cross. The second I believe is a War Merit Cross and the fourth looks like a Party Long Service Award (15 Years). The third looks like it might be a Sudetenland Medal but I'm not 100% certain.

EDIT: The bar does indeed look like a close combat clasp but I couldn't tell you if it's gold, silver, or bronze.

EDIT 2: Given how bright the clasp is, and that it doesn't quite match up with the silver colouring of the frames of his Iron Crosses, paired with the fact that the fellow in the photo is rather well decorated, I would guess that it's gold. If you have his name you might be able to look him up and see his service record.

RTH
    ?

Thank you very much for that. I'm afraid I don't think I have his name. Many thanks anyway

Hello RTH.

Just to add to JTs info, this is what I have come up with.

1 - Iron Cross 2nd Class (Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klass)
    2 - Possibly War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords (kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern)
    3 - Russian Front Medal (Ostmedaille)
    4 - ?
    5 - German Cross (Deutsches Kreuz)
    6 - Close Combat Clasp (Nahkampfspange)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi mates.

IMHO:
    1. Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klase - 2nd Class 1939 - Iron Cross
    2. Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords.
    3. Ost Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal.
    4. Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - Commemorative Medal october 1st 1938.

Although it is a black and white photograph....

Regards
    Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 09-06-2021 at 02:47 PM.

RTH
    ?

The sleeve eagle, what colour would that be please? Sorry to bother you. Thanks

RTH
    ?

I think I've finished it. Criticisms welcome. Never really happy with the face though. Many thanks for the help.

tumblr_nch3vzcHN21r3eyedo1_1280 variant 1.png

Schreiber, Helmut (SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 3) - TracesOfWar.com
    1. Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klase - 2nd Class 1939 - Iron Cross
    2. Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords.
    3. Ost Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille) - Russian Front Medal.
    4. Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - Commemorative Medal october 1st 1938.
    No doubt
    Regards
    Santi

IMHO

PS And Nahkampfspange in Gold

Regards
    Santi

RTH
    ?

Oh wow thank you so much! This forum - everyone goes beyond of what's asked of them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast