Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Couriers / Carriers / Deliverers from hell

Article about: Like most of us here, I’m on the receiving end (mostly) of a large number of Carriers…gone are the days when uniformed Postie delivered everything! Now we get a plethora of white vans an

Default Couriers / Carriers / Deliverers from hell

Like most of us here, I’m on the receiving end (mostly) of a large number of Carriers…gone are the days when uniformed Postie delivered everything!

Now we get a plethora of white vans and running men (no women…yet) who, in these COVID days, drop, knock and leg-it….

Unfortunately, the choice of Carrier is usually the domain of the Sender….but do they care about the delivery experience the other end? Over the last few months, from one particular Carrier, I’ve experienced:-

- A lost, then “destroyed” (by the carrier) but later miraculously back-from-the-dead delivered parcel
    - A rodent-gnawed item….through the outer packaging, through the cloth helmet cover and scratched/nibbled ballistic helmet!
    - An empty box (to be fair, it actually contained 5% of the original item)
    - Parcels rammed into bushes…with no “map” as to where they are
    - Parcels left in “our special place”…….without having identified/specified or agreed a “special place” location

I accept that packaging by the seller sometimes contributes to dissatisfaction but this is rarely the case for me.

What’s your worst Carrier delivery experience?...or is it just me…..

A few years back we had a flatpack child's table & chair delivered by the wonderful carrier, Hermes. No 'safe place' was specified, so it was tossed over our six foot high back gate and ended up broke. Another time I had a large cardboard box of extremely rare documents, blueprints, and notebooks appertaining to torpedo development during WW1 delivered (again) by Hermes. It was a Saturday morning and absolutely pissing down with rain... I was in the house too. I went downstairs to make myself a coffee and casually glanced through the back door window as I waited for the kettle to boil. I looked down and thought I spotted something on the step. It was the cardboard box containing all those priceless documents and notebooks and it looked VERY wet. There had been no knock at the door... absolutely nothing, just dumped there on the step in all that rain. I wouldn't mind but we have a small greenhouse just six feet away from the back door!

...interesting...the vast majority of my “challenges” have arisen from the Messenger of the Gods too......

I live in an apartment complex and about a year ago, I noticed a new neighbor moving in -- she was a young skinny brunette. I've never spoken to her but one time at the grocery store, I noticed her staring at me intensely. This happens to me quite a bit because I run a popular YouTube channel and it's common for people to recognize me in public... sometimes they say hi, but other times they just stare. Perhaps she saw me walking outside one day and was trying to think of why I look familiar when she saw me at the grocery store, I have no idea. I didn't think much of it other than she was hot.

Fast forward to the day my package arrives... FedEx says it's delivered, yet no package anywhere. Inside and outside of the hallways to my building, in the bushes, etc., nothing... nowhere. I called FedEx and they told me the driver left it on my porch out in the open, and they were adamant that it was delivered. I figured someone stole it. Defeated, I moved on.

Then, magically and randomly, over a MONTH later, I'm in my office and I hear my door buzzer go off. I jump up and look out the window, seeing my brunette neighbor girl running from my porch (she doesn't live there) to her car before taking off quickly. I go to my door and low and behold, there's my missing package! Addressed to me, to my exact apartment with my phone number, only to be delivered personally by my neighbor girl a month after FedEx confirmed they delivered it? Thank God there wasn't anything SS-related in there, phew!!! LOL. Fortunately it seemed like nothing was tampered with though.

In the month leading up to that, I found a girlfriend, and we had been going outside to walk and run a lot (within sight of my mysterious neighbor girl). One time during this time frame, my GF and I were parked in my car in the parking lot and my brunette neighbor girl drives by and looks at us with a very scared face... weird. This puzzling package experience is a source of conspiracy theories that my GF and I bounce off each other.

My GF theorizes that my package was delivered to her porch by mistake, but instead of her immediately giving it to me, she wanted to wait to think of a plan to give it back to me and introduce herself to hit it off, since she probably believed I was single at the time (which I was). However, she was too late and days turned into weeks, probably then noticing I now have a girlfriend, causing her to abort her plan and just do the right thing and give me my package that she'd been sitting on for over a month.

Who knows...

Jees, that’s got Movie written all over it!! :-)

Hahaha I need to sum up things better. How about this...

9 years ago, I bought some stuff off eBay that came in several large boxes. How gracious the seller was to include some free stuff too! A few .22 caliber bullets, hmm, oh, and TWO DEAD RATS mixed in with everything!!! They were mummified, I kid you not! The smell was TERRIBLE.

I’m going to have to step in now.....I don’t think you can blame the Carrier for rat insertion....you’re blatantly drifting off-topic and I need to flag that with a red flag!!

:-)

There's only been mine and yours ON the topic of 'bad' couriers Ade.

Which reminds me... and it involves our favourite courier again. Several months ago there was a knock at our front door. It was our postman, and he had knocked to inform me that a parcel had been left on our doorstep by a courier and he noticed it when he called with mail.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 09-02-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

MAP
    ?

I've yet to had deliveries like yours......but I have had a package from Europe (Italy I think) finally reach my local post office (thank goodness for tracking), only to then have it sent back to Amsterdam.....eventually it showed up a few weeks later.
    Last edited by MAP; 09-03-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My very worst was experience was one of my first ebay purchases....I won this helmet from the States...

cs MOH D.jpg

and waited and waited and waited.......I eventually chased the seller who told me that the outsourcee for a US delivery company in the UK had tried to deliver it to me (twice - dates provided...both dates I'd been in all day) but they couldn't because I was out (allegedly). It transpired that the package was sent back to the US...but not to the seller. A year later I saw the very same helmet for sale again in the US via ebay (different seller).....it was THE helmet....every scratch, every ding......so I contacted the seller who told me that he'd bought it cheap in an Auction of unclaimed parcels from a postal company....he felt my pain and agreed to cancel the sale (so I could buy it AGAIN)....BUT there was less that 24 hours left on his ebay sale and he could do nothing....so I lost it again!!! I'd lost on the opportunity to claim from ebay the first time round and their rules halted me the next time.

I still don't have this helmet....but if I ever get the chance to buy it again I think I'll try.....and if successful I'll introduce it to the tracks of my friend's tank!
    IMG_9802.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast