Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

D Day + 76 years

Article about: As I write this at 0856 on June 6th 2020 in Sydney, Australia, 76 years ago Major Howard and his D company Ox & Bucks were taking off in their Horsa gliders for the airborne assault on P

Default D Day + 76 years

As I write this at 0856 on June 6th 2020 in Sydney, Australia, 76 years ago Major Howard and his D company Ox & Bucks were taking off in their Horsa gliders for the airborne assault on Pegasus bridge ...... how the years have passed.

Thanks, chaps!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As I write this at 0856 on June 6th 2020 in Sydney, Australia, 76 years ago Major Howard and his D company Ox & Bucks were taking off in their Horsa gliders for the airborne assault on Pegasus bridge ...... how the years have passed.

Thanks, chaps!
    There were actually two objectives for the Ox & Bucks that morning... Benouville bridge - later named Pegasus bridge, and Ranville bridge - later named Horsa bridge. Both were captured in what was probably the most daring and successful airborne assaults of the D Day landings. 'Operation Deadstick' was a complete success.

Cheers,
    Steve

Pegasus_Bridge,_June_1944_B5288.jpg220px-River_orne_bridge.jpg

You can't imagine the apprehension of the Allied forces on that historical day, the heroism & courage it took to make the impossible, possible.... an incredible generation !
    Regards
    Paul