Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dan Show

Article about: Hello to all! Been watching the Dan Show's serie about WW2 digging... I am very balanced about it.. I believe it is full of wrong terms and it goes to fast when trying to make a conclusion.

Default Dan Show

Hello to all!

Been watching the Dan Show's serie about WW2 digging...
    I am very balanced about it..
    I believe it is full of wrong terms and it goes to fast when trying to make a conclusion.
    Your thoughts guys?

Do you mean Dan Snow, the TV historian Seb? I saw the programme about digging up the Spitfire in Ireland and the other one he did on the anniversary of the Dambusters raid in May last year. The vets as always were dignified and admirable in the extreme. Snow's contribution, again as always, was facile, cliche ridden and ill-prepared, but is that Snow's fault or that of the BBC who seem to dumb down history to a schoolboy level for the masses?

I prefer Al Murray the comedian tbh. At least he had the guts to jump out of an aircraft over an Arnhem DZ for his show 'Road to Berlin', and seems to have a genuine interest that makes for more enjoyable viewing imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dan Snow,of course...My bad Ned..
    Thanks for the reply,you summed up better my thoughts that i was able to do it,with my poor English...

?

I'm not a fan ..
    He seems to have got his "job" through his fathers connections ... and now is the "go to man" for any historical stuff on the BBC.

He comes across as too "plumb in Cheek", which showed through when there was a documentry on the British Generals attitude in WW1.
    Dan Snow's grandfather was one of the said Generals, and one of the "on the ground" historians was the grandson of a plain and simple "Tommy".
    This historian made Dan look rather silly.

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    I'm not a fan ..
    He seems to have got his "job" through his fathers connections ... and now is the "go to man" for any historical stuff on the BBC.

He comes across as too "plumb in Cheek", which showed through when there was a documentry on the British Generals attitude in WW1.
    Dan Snow's grandfather was one of the said Generals, and one of the "on the ground" historians was the grandson of a plain and simple "Tommy".
    This historian made Dan look rather silly.

Gary J.
    He certainly doesn't hold a candle to the late Professor Richard Holmes that's for sure. And as far as nephotism goes at the Beeb, it's a long running theme started by the Dimbleby's (Richard, sons David and Jonathan) and followed by the likes of Alan, Giles, & Victoria Coren, Johnathan and Paul Ross and the Krankies to name but a few licence fee paid for dynasties......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    He certainly doesn't hold a candle to the late Professor Richard Holmes that's for sure. And as far as nephotism goes at the Beeb, it's a long running theme started by the Dimbleby's (Richard, sons David and Jonathan) and followed by the likes of Alan, Giles, & Victoria Coren, Johnathan and Paul Ross and the Krankies to name but a few licence fee paid for dynasties......
    Yeah, jobs for the boys!...