Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dealers reputation

Article about: Anyone know anything about this dealers lineage ? Can’t find anything, usually not a good thing. Thought I’d ask anyway.

Default Dealers reputation

Anyone know anything about this dealers lineage ? Can’t find anything, usually not a good thing. Thought I’d ask anyway.B4AFD51F-8628-4689-B908-E20EABF99839.jpg

Just had a look at his buckles, he sold a fake SS and a fake HJ buckle for a nice price!!!!!
    Ben

To me, it seems like he mix good stuff with fantasys and fakes.
    And to that, extremely high prices on stick pins and badges,

And that comment HJ with tag, RZM M4 115 for 295 quid…

I Will not and this one to my dealer list

In my opinion, this is perhaps one of the most interesting militaria sites that I have seen for a long time and for several reasons.

This response is not a criticism of the site and instead is my opinion, Without Prejudice.

A professional web site by the design and ease of use, towards which I fully applaud, The eclectic variety of items offered for sale however and like so many other sites internationally , include those as original, those as fake and those fantasy. Without stating the blindingly obvious, there is nothing new by this of course.

What is really interesting though are the prices being asked and which range from grossly over priced to reasonable to grossly under priced. A dizzy roller coaster ride of strange anomalies in my opinion and I cannot ever recall having seen before, such an irregular pricing pattern.

Lurking within the site though are two political items which are both and in my opinion, extremely rare, original and grossly under priced. Under priced!

There are however two aspects of the site which bother me a tad, although I am more than likely over reacting.

Firstly “Our Guarantee” states that “All items advertised on this web site are of original period manufacture. We offer a money back guarantee on all of the goods supplied subject to the terms listed below”. Listed below apparently includes “should you be unhappy with any item purchased because it differs from the images or description, you must return the item within 7 days of receipt of the goods". Does this mean that if the item is a fake, however it DOES NOT differ from the images or the description, then no refund will be forthcoming? This for me at least this is ambiguous and I personally much prefer the no nonsense declaration of and in so many words of, return it within seven days for a refund and no questions asked. Perhaps I have read and interpreted “Our Guarantee” wrongly on the said web site and if so, my apologies.

Secondly, the contact details on the web site includes a telephone number with an international and local prefix of (44) 108. I always thought and rightly or wrongly, that any UK telephone number with a prefix of 0108, actually does not exist. Yet again perhaps I am totally wrong on this point and if so, my apologies in advance to the owners of the site.

Regards and best wishes,

David

You hit the nail on the head, you are referring to the golden party pins I’m guessing. That’s what got my attention. It’s too risky in my opinion. I sure would like buy them though. I’m going to pass. Did the pins look good ? The whole “ if the item doesn’t match the discretion bit seems to be a giveaway of poor command of the English language. Thanks for the reply.