As I stopped with militaria for now, I switched to items that are related to my City, Kielce/Poland. I tried to do something productive, since all these these are just lying around, and are spread all over the world. They come back, where they belong.

Starting with the earliest possible date, while the end date is 1945. Its not just buying, and buying. I try to decipher everything as its written. That means the sender/receiver/address, unit stamp, date, etc., every single thing. Even if the text of the postcard seem completely meaningless, trust me, its not to me. Then I map it, and dig for the info.

I have variety of items, but at the moment, most of them are nothing else, but worthless piece of paper, if Its not deciphered.

Majority of them are postcards from WW1, written in German, Austro Hungary. Then its the WW2, and Germany. Photos have a description as well, though here, its from 1 to couple words, which seems to be the easiest thing to do. As for me, Im unable to do it, as I just dont know German.

There are Hungarian, Czech, and Russian postcards too.

I have been trying to find a reliable place of where to go, but I failed, actually it has been over a year now, and Im exactly where I was.

Any ideas? Germany has a population of 82.000.000 there need to be at least 1 person that could do it, and would enjoy it. I visited numerous websites and forums already, and was given links, but its not long lasting, most of the time, I get no reply at all. If I am to continue, I need a cooperation, because then I would be getting more items, but if thats how this is supposed to look like, I might stop already.

Paying by PayPal is possible, somehow.

Also, to sum it all up, I dont work with nobody. I dont represent my city, local museum, or anything of that kind. Its just me. Spending money, not earning a thing on this. Feels good to have all that, but its also very annoying to have a card in front of your face, and not knowing what it says.

Flyers, books, carte de visite [CDV], photos, postcards, a letter. I have it. Some nice finds such as a postcard from a labor camp, and a prison camp [Im not sure], some family postcards from a guy killed a bit later in Katyń. Polish soldier serving in Austro Hungarian army, etc., every item has its story.