Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denix Weapons

Article about: Gents has anyone held a Denix MP40/MP41 Thompson etc? Are they any good ? Cheers

Default Denix Weapons

Gents

has anyone held a Denix MP40/MP41 Thompson etc? Are they any good ?

Cheers
    Ben

Ben,

We have several at the US Army NCO Museum at Fort Bliss, Texas. They are decent weapons for exhibit and they pass the "3 foot test" meaning that you can't really tell the difference when in an exhibit.

We also have several of the muskets, pistols, .45, civil war revolvers and they do the job for us. We also have the MP-40, MP-44, K-98 Mauser, M1 Carbine, Folding Stock Carbine, ect..

The MP40 is decent, I prefer the MP-44 though.. It looks better due to the wood stock..

I can take some pictures and post them for you..

Give me a few minutes..

Smitty

They look good on the sites, problem is in the Uk you cannot buy them unless part of a group ffs
    Ben

The pics would be good to view if you can
    Ben

Ok Ben,

here are some pictures of some of the guns.. The bolts on the SMGs all pull back, the magazines come out and the trigger fires.. The .45 pistol, the slide comes back and locks and the magazine comes out. The M9 Baretta, the magazine comes out. The P38 pistol, you can pull the slide to the rear but it will not lock but you can pull the trigger. The flintlock pistol charges and fires and the K-98 the bolt opens, and goes forward and the trigger fires as well.. The MP44 is heavy, as is each of the other weapons.. Darn near the weight of the actual weapons..

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Many thanks for the pics, did not know they did K98;s as well, even they look good
    Ben

They have a very large assortment of weapons.. They also have (and we have at the museum) PPsh, British Enfield, M1 Garand, Sharps Carbine, Winchester repeating rifle, broomhandle mauser, Kentucky long rifle, old west stage coach double barrel shotguns, ect..

Smitty

Hi Ben ,Have a look at D & B militaria website (enter Denix into their search engine) to see what they stock, I must say the MP44 does look nice , A friend of mine bought a Denix artillery Luger the only issues that he had with it is that the sights were cast as part of the barrel so didn't work and original 9mm deact rounds didn't fit the magazine , At Farnham militaria fair I saw a chap selling an MP40 that at first glance I thought was real but the seller had just roughed it up to age it with a bit of scotch bright ! as Smitty says they certainly pass tht 3 foot test !regards Paul

I can get them Paul but cannot buy them, SoF sell them as well but they are part of this VCR bill we have in the UK, if not I would but the MP40 and 41 and the MP44
    Ben

Hi Smitty ..I clicked on so US locations and they have European pricing...does that mean it ships from Europe to the US ? Im interested in The British Sten.

I have the 1928 Thompson with 50 drum and MP 40 already.
    any thoughts on where in the US I can get a Sten..and also looking for an M16 model

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast