Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DKiG Replicas

Article about: I can never afford a real German Cross unless I win the lottery. So I have been looking for a decent replica for display, and what a stroke of luck five turned up –one cloth version-. I pa

?

Default DKiG Replicas

I can never afford a real German Cross unless I win the lottery. So I have been looking for a decent replica for display, and what a stroke of luck five turned up –one cloth version-. I paid quite a bit over the top for them £40 each for the metal, and £30 for the cloth version, a bit expensive, but I only need one so will sell the rest maybe get some of my money back. Replicas are not very popular with collectors but I think if their done right they can be quite a work of art. I can respect the effort the persons work put into ageing the medals, even giving the presentation boxes that old musky smell, how they achieved that I don’t know maybe someone could tell me, I would interested to know. I put a few pictures of one of them up on this site to help fellow collector’s tell the difference between a replica and the real thing. I hope the pictures help. I will post the other German Crosses later so the forum can use them as reference to replica/authentic.

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

that is a very nice gesture, on youer part.

?

Quote by toot View Post
    that is a very nice gesture, on youer part.
    Thanks for the reply. I have got a new digital camera coming next week, it will take better pictures than my phone camera. I will take close up shots of the medals I have, to give a better detailed picture of them for the forum. I do come across a lot of militaria (most of it replica) but an occasional decent item, I will post them on the forum for approval or probably more often their disapproval on the items I post, it should be fun.

Dennis