Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you ever try it on?

Article about: I know I can't help myself when I get a new, good condition uniform. I have to try it on to see if it fits. Surely I can't be the only one??

Default Do you ever try it on?

I know I can't help myself when I get a new, good condition uniform. I have to try it on to see if it fits. Surely I can't be the only one??

DSC_0072-2.jpg

?

I must admit I never tried anything on. Big size differences - even for headgear-. Also afraid of damaging anything.

?

I usually just try helmets on. I wear more modern surplus if I get some but for older tunics/battledresses I would rather not due to them usually feeling quite fragile.

I will admit I tried on a British 1939 pattern great coat! Very heavy and itchy!

No, you are not only one. I always have to try uniforms too, except if tunic is obvious too small for me.
    Couple my tunics are just perfect size for me.
    -TJ-

Ditto the above, all the caps/helmets I own are a 57/58 .......only thing is, it has made the hunt even harder over the years !
    Cheers
    Paul

MAP
    ?

As you get older, the uniforms fit less and less LoL

Japanese uniforms would fit my son when he was 11 to 13 years old!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

LOL, that's because you're 20 and slim, everything fits. Even most of my caps and helmets are too small for my melon head LOL
    Regards, Al

It's a good way of measuring a uniform to determine if it'll fit on a mannequin, so yes, I've tried on most of mine at least once! As long as you're not marching around your collection room and saluting yourself in the mirror, I think you can get away with it without being considered mad!

B.B.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    LOL, that's because you're 20 and slim, everything fits. Even most of my caps and helmets are too small for my melon head LOL

That's a size 34R.

Just gotta keep working at keeping that size 8 dress size !
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast