Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Do you guys know about Syrian army uniforms during late 1940s ~ early 1950s?

Article about: So I looked on the Internet for pictures of Syrian Army uniforms in the late 1940s and early 1950s, but there were no data. So I need photos or data about the uniforms of the Syrian Army at

Default Do you guys know about Syrian army uniforms during late 1940s ~ early 1950s?

So I looked on the Internet for pictures of Syrian Army uniforms in the late 1940s and early 1950s, but there were no data. So I need photos or data about the uniforms of the Syrian Army at the time. If you guys know about Syrian army uniforms at that era, then please leave the comments or pictures.

?

You have a bit of a challenge there it’s really hard to find any photos of the Syrian army.

Here are the only two I have from that period, one is a book cover, the book unfortunately has no other photos.

1967 syrian tank.jpg

syria 50.jpg

Try syrianhistory.com موقع التاريخ السوري - أكبر مجموعة صور لتوثيق التاريخ السوري, there is a button to switch to English, it has a large photo archive and search function. It seems to work on my phone but my PC blocks it, but that's probably because I’m at work.

At a high level the uniforms during that period were mainly French and some US - possibly French surplus from WWII, I don’t think there was any formal supply from the US and if you look at the weapons and vehicles it normally carries over to uniforms.

Can I ask why you are looking for this, it’s an unusual subject.

Steve.

Oh Thanks!

So I have some interest in the Arabic army uniforms in late 1940s - early 1950s. because the First arab-israeli war. so I just looking for these things

?

I mainly collect headgear from the Arab Israeli wars but also have a growing collection of insignia. As I’m sure you know it’s much harder to find good information on the Arab side especially for the 1948 war. Syria’s part in that war was a lot smaller than its rhetoric, I’m fairly sure at that time they were living off WWII / French mandate surplus and based around the former colonial troops.

Jordan 100% British uniforms at that point.

I do have some original photos of Egyptian soldiers for the 1950s, I don’t know how well they will copy but if you have anything specific let me know.
    Steve.