Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Estate sale experiences

Article about: Hello, Have any of you guys had an experience with buying from estate sales. I'm considering going to one and want to know what I should (roughly) expect.

Default Estate sale experiences

Hello,

Have any of you guys had an experience with buying from estate sales. I'm considering going to one and want to know what I should (roughly) expect.

?

I've had good luck over the years finding militaria at estate sales, and usually at good prices. It's not always the case, however. You have to be patient and not give up if the one you go to is a bust. Also, you have to get to the sale early and assume there will be some competition.....you have to move quickly and scan over everything before taking a second look. It's good if you can preview the items online first, if that's available. Sometimes family members can actually provide some background on the item(s) you find. Good luck hunting!

Tom

I love going to them. Get there at least one hour early to get in first.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by hftiii View Post
    I've had good luck over the years finding militaria at estate sales, and usually at good prices. It's not always the case, however. You have to be patient and not give up if the one you go to is a bust. Also, you have to get to the sale early and assume there will be some competition.....you have to move quickly and scan over everything before taking a second look. It's good if you can preview the items online first, if that's available. Sometimes family members can actually provide some background on the item(s) you find. Good luck hunting!

Tom
    Competition by me is serious. Professional pickers line up at 5 or 6 in the morning if there is even the hint of Militaria being sold......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks the the advice everyone, luckily the one I've found is more of a call to reserve a time type thing, so hopefully I don't need to wake up too early to get to it

CBH
    ?

I think it means you should book the earliest possible appointment.
    Or your likely to be disappointed.

?

Hi, you might have better success in running a want ad. You might be surprised at what you will be offered. Instead of hunting you become the hunted. Best, Bill
    Last edited by He162; 04-11-2021 at 12:15 AM.