Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Family Research....WW2...:)

Article about: Just been asked by my sister ( her and her partner are watching the Commemoration ) to see if I could find out anything about Daves Uncle Ivor, he was awarded the Military Medal during WW2.,

?

Default Family Research....WW2...:)

Just been asked by my sister ( her and her partner are watching the Commemoration ) to see if I could find out anything about Daves Uncle Ivor, he was awarded the Military Medal during WW2., she gave me all the details, name, Ivor Rogers, born 1915 in Pembroke Dock... Service No...894114., Royal Artillery, MBE in 1960...and so I typed it all in....gawd, what came back was amazing...what a hero......

"Ivor Rogers, MM, Bombardier (Acting), 894114, Royal Artillery. (Kilgetty). Ivor was born at Pembroke Dock on 29 November 1915, the son of John Rogers and Annie Jane Rogers (nee Gibby). He was a pre-war Territorial, mobilising with his unit, the 102nd Medium Regt RA (The Pembroke Yeomanry) in September 1939, embarking with them from Liverpool on 5 February 1943, bound for Algiers. The Pembroke Yeomanry saw heavy fighting in North Africa before landing in in Italy on 16 December 1943. Ivor was awarded the Military Medal for his bravery during the assault on Faenza, for his part in maintaining an Observation Post. The citation for his award read: ‘For conspicuous courage and devotion to duty as NCO i/c Line Maintenance Party over a considerable period. He has at all times performed his duties with zeal and efficiency and showed high courage in maintaining his line along routes that were regularly harassed by enemy guns. In particular in maintaining line communication with the O.P. in MONTECCHIO [223201] on Dec 5th and subsequent days over a track that was continually harassed by enemy guns and mortars and was at first under direct observation. In spite of this L/Bdr Rogers and his party maintained line communications continuously and his example was an inspiration to his team, while the success of his work enabled many targets to be engaged and must have materially assisted the success of operations locally.’ He survived the war and remained with the TA for many years, gaining the additional award of the MBE (Military) in 1960. He died on 26 July 1985."

RIP Ivor..

MAP
    ?

And that is why they are called the "greatest" generation!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)