Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Farewell to a Friend.

Article about: Adrian, i feel your loss immensely, i too lost two dogs in the space of a year, one 8yrs old, the other 17yrs old, i could accept the 17yr old but not the 8yr old as he was a big strong moun

?

Default Re: Farewell to a Friend.

Adrian, i feel your loss immensely, i too lost two dogs in the space of a year, one 8yrs old, the other 17yrs old, i could accept the 17yr old but not the 8yr old as he was a big strong mountain of a dog that would see off any unwanted visitor and was extremely protective towards my family, the only consolation i had was that it ended his suffering, and that is the main thing, it is a unwanted kindness but the good times outweigh the bad and i have such stories and memories that stay with me always. We were lucky in the fact that someone rescued a Golden Retriever that had been illtreated and we now have another fantastic member of the family that helped to reduce the sadness that was felt, i hope you can find another friend as faithful and loving as we have and be able to give another dog a good and well deserved loving life
    Dave

Adrian,

You have my deepest sympathy. I have had dogs all my life and there is no better friend.

I am into dog's as well! I know what you are going thru...I am in thoughts with you all the way!
    Grief is the price you have to pay for the love you had...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

What a beautiful dog, a sad loss. Cherish the memories Adrian, its a pity that more people don't appreciate animals in the way that you obviously do. R.I.P. Milo.

Regards

Carl

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Adrian, it's very sad to hear about your loss. I have had dogs all my life, and they are the best companions and are always there. The bond you create with your pet can never be broken, always remember your beautiful dog Milo. A loving companion is far more important to me than almost everything else, and yes, that includes my militaria collection! RIP Milo.

Quinn

?

Sad news Adrian. Im sure any one who has owned a dog would agree with me when I say that they all have an individual personality that is never replicated or even close if you have another

I can totally relate, I use to work for the Human Society, and have seen many good K9's come and go, one of the reasons I had to find a different career. It was very hard for me to get attached to many K9's and then having to Euthanize them, and then watching the owners bring there loved K9's in after 20 years or so, and well, it was just too hard for me. Its a very difficult job and I totally respect you and anyone else who is in these careers.

I am sorry for your lost Adrian, everybody knows that if you give love to an animal, especially a dog, it gives you the triple in love and friendship and lose a dog is the same as lose a good friend. I am really sorry for Milo, but it's part of the nature law. I am going to pray for Milo and you.
    Peace for Milo and for you, Adrian

Very sorry to hear of this, losing a true friend is never something we wish to go through.

Alec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast