Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

feel a bit overwhelmed on geting into Militaria

Article about: Eagle Relics Excellent dealer in the UK. Cheers, Pat

Default feel a bit overwhelmed on geting into Militaria

hi i have posted on here before,
    i love WW2, films, games, docs ex.
    i like Nazi Germany and want to start collecting some Nazi Germany ww2 stuff, i like the ss,
    i want some iron cross's and some other bits and pieces.
    Adrian did give me a list of site last time i posted was bout 10 months a go,

(am a little scared of buying a fake, there would be nothing worst)
    and there just so many sites out there and this forum is good just feel a little lost with all the info and sections,

i would like to buy from the uk, or europe and are all the items on this site real and ok to buy?
    and just how to break into the hobby slowly
    and any help would be appreciated

Default Re: feel a bit overwhelmed on geting into Militaria

Here are some tips:

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    You got to watch out for fantasy crap.
    Reproductions are sometimes hard to spot, but so far I got lucky by paying a low price. $5.
    Scratch badges onto paper to see if they are lead. If they leave a trail, throw them over your shoulder.
    Watch out for east german stuff. Some of it looks cool but they're worth pennies except generals.

Also a good way to kick off a collection is an Iron Cross 2nd Class Ribbon. Cheap and nice.

?

Theres an old saying "forewarned is forarmed", knowledge is the key to any collecting, and experience comes with knowledge and time, best advice is to start collecting books on the subjects you want to buy, and handle as many real items as possible, get to know the feel, metals, cloths, markings etc and only buy from reputable dealers that offer life time return policy

Stick to lower price items until you get a feel for them and also post anything you want in the correct section here on the forum before buying.

Good luck and good hunting.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yeah if you have a smart phone like an "Android" or an "iphone" you can start new threads and post pictures from your phone if you just visit the website on you browser. So if you not shure about something and your not by a computer just try doing that....
    Ryan

Take your time , stay close to the guys here and learn as you go

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by davejb View Post
    Theres an old saying "forewarned is forarmed", knowledge is the key to any collecting, and experience comes with knowledge and time, best advice is to start collecting books on the subjects you want to buy, and handle as many real items as possible, get to know the feel, metals, cloths, markings etc and only buy from reputable dealers that offer life time return policy
    Strange, I just got a badge yesterday with ''forewarned is forearmed''. Observer corps, never seen one before

I agree with the guys here, post things before you buy. I'd recommend picking a field that really interests you like medals or helmets or bladed weapons etc, and making it your focus. Seek out the best reference books for your field too.

Hope to see your collection grow

Andy

All sound advice from the guys.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As above. Good advice from blokes in-the-know.

Quote by totalwar13 View Post
    hi i have posted on here before,
    i love WW2, films, games, docs ex.
    i like Nazi Germany and want to start collecting some Nazi Germany ww2 stuff, i like the ss,
    i want some iron cross's and some other bits and pieces.
    Adrian did give me a list of site last time i posted was bout 10 months a go,

(am a little scared of buying a fake, there would be nothing worst)
    and there just so many sites out there and this forum is good just feel a little lost with all the info and sections,

i would like to buy from the uk, or europe and are all the items on this site real and ok to buy?
    and just how to break into the hobby slowly
    and any help would be appreciated
    You like Nazi Germany....?
    Hate to be the one to tell you, but its sort of ...gone.
    (Just kidding!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast