Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A few recent discoveries to share...

Article about: Greetings, Friends... I was going through my collection recently, dusting and rearranging things when I noticed that the lid on one of my cases had a paper overlay, concealing "somethin

Default A few recent discoveries to share...

Greetings, Friends...
    I was going through my collection recently, dusting and rearranging things when I noticed that the lid on one of my cases had a paper overlay, concealing "something", lol....
    Upon removal, it revealed itself to be a case for the Ostvolk Medal 1st Class...It had been re-utilized for a Brass-Core EK1 Screwback, part of a Kriegsmarine Grouping that I obtained a few years ago...I kept the shred of paper because otherwise, nobody would believe me, LOL...
    I also discovered a page from a 1936-dated Luftschutz-Calender folded up in one of my Kriegsmarine Caps recently...which actually helps me in dating the cap, confirming my hunch that it was a pre-war piece...
    And last but not least, I'd also like to share with you my latest acquisition, 1941-dated German Leather Breeches from a Berlin Manufacturer...While researching this Business, I came upon a German Holocaust Remembrance Website that lists this business as the Last Employer for Two Jewish Employees who were later arrested, deported to the Minsk Ghetto and murdered there...
    --These are the things that keep me fascinated and keep me learning--

-Glenn-
    Attached Images Attached Images