Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Film/DVD

Article about: Hi there can anyone give an opinion on this film "The Downfall Of Berlin - Anonyma [DVD] [2008] " that I have just noticed for sale on Amazon; link The Downfall Of Berlin - Anonyma

Default Film/DVD

Hi there

can anyone give an opinion on this film "The Downfall Of Berlin - Anonyma [DVD] [2008] " that I have just noticed for sale on Amazon; link The Downfall Of Berlin - Anonyma [DVD] [2008]: Amazon.co.uk: Max Farberbock: DVD

The synopsis sounds very similar to a book I read last year, "A woman in Berlin". It is supposedly a true diary account written in 1945 Berlin.

Somehow I doubt that this film will be anything as powerfull as the film "Downfall", but it is a film by a German producer {Max Farberbock } so should be fairly accurate.

Cheers.

Default Re: Film/DVD

Not seen this one yet, but a friend of mine has and usually his judgement is sound and he thought it was good. It is based on the book.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Film/DVD

Thanks Ade, sounds interesting. I thought that it must be based on the book "A woman in Berlin". I shall have to try and borrow a copy of the film, or rent it perhaps.

The book is an interesting read by the way, a good insight as to life in Berlin as the Red Army swept through. Another good book to read, also a true account of the battle, is "Berlin - Dance of death" by Helmut Altner.

By the way Dance of Death has a strange meaning in Berlin.

“Berlin … Your Dance Partner Is Death”

Can anyone refresh my memory? Was it something to do with civil unrest in the post WW1 era. Images of Death dancing with someone would be painted around the city, or appear on posters. Perhaps some kind of underground movement opposed to what was happening in Berlin at the time. I can not recall properly