Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Finds in the woods!

Article about: 'If you go into the woods today you're in for a big surprise..' I was out hiking in the woods near Inverness looking for a Iron Age fort when I came across not a teddy bears' picnic but rath

Default Finds in the woods!

'If you go into the woods today you're in for a big surprise..'

I was out hiking in the woods near Inverness looking for a Iron Age fort when I came across not a teddy bears' picnic but rather this abandoned camp site. Amongst all the trash left behind was a quantity of British military gear. There were two army sleeping bags, two pairs of trousers, two camo shirts, a green army shirt, a bayonet frog and, best of all, a 68 pattern jacket. They are all in pretty good shape and condition. I left the stuff there except for one of the camo shirts and the 68 pattern jacket which I took with me. Would you have done the same?

Attachment 826937Attachment 826938Attachment 826939Attachment 826940Attachment 826941Attachment 826942Attachment 826944Attachment 826945

You don't think those people are going to come back for their gear?
    Glenn

Well, the photos are of the site as I found it, I didn't throw all the stuff about. It looked pretty abandoned to me, the tents are falling down and everything is damp, so I'm guessing they won't be back.

In that case, I'd take the tents, too! haha....We come across homeless camps in the wooded areas of our city too, but you won't find any militaria, you'll find dirty heroin needles and trash...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    you'll find dirty heroin needles and trash...
    cheers, Glenn
    Which you can take over to the next homeless camp and sell to them for a couple bucks or trade for a shopping cart!

Looks like the walkers got them.

Possibly abandoned in a hurry for some reason. Wild animals perhaps?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thumbs up

I agree, IF I was certain that the camp site was abandonded - which this sure looks like - I'd have taken anything that was useable! If I didn't need it, it would be sellable.
    Sarge

Strange camp to find strange all that abanded. timothy