Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Free to a good home !!!

Article about: Guys, See this below I really do not want to throw these out but helicopters are not my thing !! Some Contemporary Prints for Sale - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics Anybody l

Default Re: Free to a good home !!!

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I was on black friars for about a year. Was cheaper to rent a flat there than pay for halls.
    Great military museum just down the road.
    Black Friars, I know it, very nice !!! haha, down towards the race course !! Yes the museum, you mean the Cheshire Regiment Museum at the Castle, not been for years ! have to go again !

Fantastic. There are some great events on at Chester university you should look into. Last year Julian Thompson did a talk on his book desert victory and the desert war. They have them quite frequently and are open to the public.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Fantastic. There are some great events on at Chester university you should look into. Last year Julian Thompson did a talk on his book desert victory and the desert war. They have them quite frequently and are open to the public.
    Nice one !!! I am only around the corner but I am always working away !! So what brings you into this subject ???

Vicky, Just noticed, I have 2 of the Apache prints

I have always been interested in history how ever the thing that bought me into collecting is my partner is also a collector and studies military history so i guess it kind of rubbed of on me. The degree i'm actually doing is completely different (learning disability nursing), so my interest in military history is more of a hobby than anything.

Nice one Vicky ! I have been thinking the past year or so, I would like to do a Degree, not sure how, but focused on WW2 History ! if thats possible, I am not sure, I do not get much study time

He is doing Military History at Salford university. Its not solely WW2 but you can choose your modules and i don't think all lectures are compulsory. This semester hes doing modules on WW1, British counter insurgency since 1945 and the SOE in Europe.

[QUOTE=edelweiss123;784515]He is doing Military History at Salford university. Its not solely WW2 but you can choose your modules and i don't think all lectures are compulsory. This semester hes doing modules on WW1, British counter insurgency since 1945 and the SOE in Europe.[/QUOT

Now thats what I call proper studying !! Shake his hand for me, oh to be 20 years younger ! That sounds fantastic ! I think I am a bit late for all that, I spent my time studying boring electronics and computing, major boring shiteeeeeeeeeeee lol

He loves it. The degree and the collecting goes hand in hand. I imagine it would be the same for most people on here, but when its in a subject which you are genuinely passionate about it becomes a lot easier.

Here's to the 16th ! I was down in Colchester for a week last summer, very entertaining place at night lol

16 Air Assault Brigade march through Colchester Town 07.06.11 Part 1.avi - YouTube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast