MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Future of our Hobby Part II (legislation)

Article about: I noticed the previous thread about the future of our hobby went off topic into something political and got closed down. This is in my opinion a shame because the topic concerns all of us. I

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    My understanding is that the new laws being introduced in Australia will allow private individuals to still own Nazi militaria, but they will not be allowed to sell or buy them in future.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve, that’s correct.

Andy

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    My understanding is that the new laws being introduced in Australia will allow private individuals to still own Nazi militaria, but they will not be allowed to sell or buy them in future.

Cheers,
    Steve
    What's the point of owning things but not being allowed to buy them? What if no one is allowed to sell them? But you can still steal them, right? That's even more stupid than in Germany. But one thing is certain, a German official would never have committed such an act of destruction, under no circumstances!

I just saw this on the latest upload on Wittman.. I can not undertsand this. It makes me sick to the stomache. Almost makes me want to quite the hobby entirely.

?

It seems to me that the easiest way to repeat history is to stop talking about it, ban it, try to forget it ever happened or even just ignore it.

Collectors like us are the largest custodians of history, constantly learning and discussing and passing on lessons learned. If Governments try to, and succeed in, banning the purchase and trading of these historical items then they will undoubtedly move forward in a bid to ban us from owning these items and possibly even discussing them openly.

Ken

I watched the Wittman unboxing video that had this in it today. When Tom got to that part I was in shock watching it and listening to Tom. He said " I am not sure where we go from here". He Fedex'd the box, paid $500.00 for the most secure shipment and Fedex will simply side step this. They will cite "Australian regs, should have known better to ship it there". No one in the government will be held responsible as they are greasy slime balls.

Seeing this made me realize when in the near future it comes time to sell my collection Australia buyers will be told "sorry, can't ship it there".

Was thinking if the great coat did not have the armband, it would of passed muster with no issue. Then, send the armband via regular mail. So that's one route for uniforms but the fact remains you have to deface the uniform to pass muster. Who is wanting to do that?

Then daggers (already have to pass an inspection for those so they've killed that as well), decaled helmets, flags, anything with a symbol they hate they will destroy and leave the dealer and buyer without a way to be reimbursed.

Sad day for Australian collectors.

Guys I was asked to help a collector recently, have a look at this from our Border Force!

So if a Border Force officer feels offended seeing a swastika, then the item becomes offensive and gets seized. This is without the new laws even being passed yet

thumbnail_Image-1.jpgthumbnail_Image2.jpg

?

Even if the man gets reimbursed it will most likely be the declared customs value. You know how us international collectors normally handle the customs value declaration. If anyone knows anything how this story develops, please share it with us here.

?

as a 19 year old who moved to Australia when i was young, i'm barely even old enough to remember this country from when i was a kid, but i know this isn't the Australian way.
    hopefully when the dust settles and whatever laws get passed are legislated, we will still be allowed to collect somehow, even if it means declaring our items when we get them shipped

I'm not great at being able to understand the purposal on when this law will come into affect, Is anyone able to tell a date on when it become ilegal to trade or sell? I'm really thinking twice about some items and weather I should start selling off part of my collection or not.

I just finished Wittmann's latest video and it was shocking to see what happened to this really nice greatcoat. Unbelievable!
    -TJ-

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast