Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gasthaus zum Eisernes Kreuz - Heidelberg, Germany.

Article about: My wife and I were in Heidelberg recently and were heading up to the little railway that goes up to the castle, and we walked past the 'Gasthaus zum Eisernes Kreuz' not too far from the Heid

Default Gasthaus zum Eisernes Kreuz - Heidelberg, Germany.

My wife and I were in Heidelberg recently and were heading up to the little railway that goes
    up to the castle, and we walked past the 'Gasthaus zum Eisernes Kreuz' not too far from the
    Heidelberg Bergbahn.

Sadly we didn't get the chance to go inside, so no idea if there are any Iron Crosses hanging on
    the walls, but I did get to walk past the "House of the Iron Cross"....

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a fantastic place it must be for a few members of the forum to meet for a few beers and some sausages.

Thanks for share, Bob

Regards
    Santi

I've been to Heidelberg for two times and visited the castle. It's very nice! But I haven't seen this nice Restaurant! Just found this Link to a Restaurant Guide, there you can see parts of the inside. Unfortunately no EK can be seen. I would also have been surprised, as the Iron Cross is no longer held in high esteem in today's Germany. It's like a wonder that the owner hasn't been forced to change the name yet.