Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Edged Weapons refereence

Article about: Looking for any opinions on the 7 volume set of books; Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich by Thomas Johnson. Is this set well respected in the collector community and is it wort

Default German Edged Weapons refereence

Looking for any opinions on the 7 volume set of books; Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich by Thomas Johnson. Is this set well respected in the collector community and is it worth the spend and read? Would a person just look for specific volumes out of the entire set? They seem to be readily available. Any opinions are appreciated.
    John

The Johnson series is a good investment. Don't look at getting by on the cheap when you seek knowledge. If you do, it will cost you in the end.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you.
    John

John,

The books will be well worth the investment and I would recommend that you shop around, unless you can get a deal on all of them together, I pieced together my set over a few years, finding some at an antique shop for just $5.00 each, yup, that's right $5.00 each.. You may also find some on Abe books and other used book sites for a little less.

There are 8 volumes in the series by Johnson...

While you are at it, you may also want to invest in the 4 volume set by Johnson, "German Daggers of World War II" A Photographic reference. These are the Schiffer Military History Book series...

A great investment and worthwhile for a reference library..

Smitty