Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII Medals need Identification

Article about: I am looking at buying a lot of WWII bring back items from a vets son. I was unsure what some of the medals were. I believe the top right is eastern peoples, but I am unsure about the rest.

Default German WWII Medals need Identification

I am looking at buying a lot of WWII bring back items from a vets son. I was unsure what some of the medals were. I believe the top right is eastern peoples, but I am unsure about the rest. What do you guys think? Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The gold cross with blue ribbon is a 40 year faithful service civil medal. Looks like a Hitler Youth knife, a
    dress bayonet, and a decent officers sword on the table. Need better pictures to be sure but it all looks promising.

Steve

Any idea what the other medals in the top picture are? I can't find them. Thanks so far. I was first just looking at hitler youth knife but maybe the medals too. I will get close up pics if I find out what they are and worth picking up.

I am trying to read what is on the top of the bottom left piece. Can anyone tell me? I am only seeing "MEW"

MAP
    ?

Top left is some type of civilian music broach or award. Bottom left WHW (WinterHilfsWerk) tinnie/day badge. Bottom right appears to be some type of city 600 year anniversary pin.

The eastern peoples appears to be a silver grade but is missing the ribbon.

A bit on the WHW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterhilfswerk

None of the awards are extremely valuable. But the 40 year award and the Eastern Peoples are collectible. You can check dealer sites for comparable prices. Not up on prices for tinnies but I don't think the WHW is rare and condition is poor. Probably $15 or so.. but could be wrong. The other two have no real military collector value.

EDIT: the Eastern Peoples award is a second class without swords. It might be silver or maybe all the wash is gone and it is a bronze.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you get a chance NBush..could you post the sword and the bayo in the Dagger forum subforums?..I seen that you already moved the HJ knife.

Would like to get a closer peek

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill