Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going to Berlin for 2 days

Article about: Hey guys, I am going in a few weeks to Nederland for my spring break, but for 2 days we will be in Berlin as my aunt has to work. I have a few things I want to see already, The Reichstag, De

?

Default Going to Berlin for 2 days

Hey guys, I am going in a few weeks to Nederland for my spring break, but for 2 days we will be in Berlin as my aunt has to work. I have a few things I want to see already, The Reichstag, Deutsche Museum, Berlin wall segment, and just wonder around. I can pass by in German fairly well, talking wise, so as she works I get to explore the city during the morning. Any recommendations for places I should visit? I really want to see some former third reich buildings and such, I love basically everything involved with german history so anything will do lol.
    All help would be much appreciated!
    Danke!
    Ryan

?

The site of the Fuhrerbunker and No.8 Prinz Albrechtstrasse are worth a visit. The latter is close to the remains of the Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie.
    If you find a bit more time, Sachsenhausen isn't too far and easy to get to via public transport.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Oh yes checkpoint charlie, totally forgot about that! I will check those out thank you so much Adrian. Ill ask my aunt about Sachsenhausen as we are flying to berlin and back so its sort of a tight schedule
    Thanks Again
    Ryan

?

There is some beautiful architecture in Berlin, I will post some links later from my visit there so you can see the places I mention.

?

I would like to try this: Underground Berlin: A First-Hand Look at Berlin's Buried History
    also the flak tower here is on the tour list: Humbolthain Flak Tower - Berlin

?

Also try and visit Karlshorst Museum where the surrender was signed.

Deutsch-Russisches Museum Berlin-Karlshorst | Start

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

START - Militärhistorisches Museum Flugplatz Berlin-Gatow Try this place if you get the time, it's about a 10 minute bus ride from Spandau town hall!..

Have to agree with Ade, Karlhost is a must. Would also ecommend getting copies of the books Berlin Battlefield Guide by Tony Le Tissier (need to buy prior to visiting Berlin) and Berlin 1933-1945 (pastfinder) can be purchased on line and in numerous places in Berlin. These books will give you many ideas of places to visit as well as itineries and self guided tours. Owning one or both will hugely enhance your trip.

Regards

Robin

The luftwaffe museum is closed monday!
    You must visit the Arsenal in the center of the city.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast