Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

GOT BURNED!!! WARNING https://www.musee-militaire.com/

Article about: Hello Again. I was Stupid to not start a thread on WAF about this dealers, before i was fooled to buy a Political Gorget 895\\$ from this low lifes, i hope not anyone else take the bait as i d

?

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    i saved all email but i dit pay with bank transfer and i dont think the police will do anything about scams like this but as a collector
    i want people to know so this crooks dont burn more honest people of their hard earned money....
    I feel very bad for you but bank transfer is a sure fire way to get ripped off. You have no recourse once the money is sent off. Sorry

A very nasty experience with one of the swamp dwelling creatures that lurk in our hobby. Purchasing online requires a high level of trust when you have never dealt with the seller before, and can't physically roll up and knock on their door. Well worth weighing the risk before sending any money.

Thank you all replying to this thread and spread the word about this crooks who have this criminal theft site
    Home | Musee Militaire GhmB

TWS
    ?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Ah, they again.
    This is the 3th fake website they create.
    I started to post warnings of them on WRF and WAF and Facebook and almost immediatly received threatening emails from them or from their 'lawyer' with fake and fictive signed emails where they explaned that they would sue me for court.
    They also started to threatening me with emailing pictures from my childeren, which they pulled from my Facebookaccount.
    Also that they would inform my boss and entire family that I collect 3th Reich stuff...

I think that 'they' are just a 1 or 2 person who are good with computers and with to much time.

Shop-militaria.com - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Scamm alert!!!!! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I was going to say this has the hallmarks of shop-militaria and include the link to WAF, but you were already on it.

If I got burned by them like Agitatorn or received threatening emails like you did, I would do something. I live in a very I.T. industry-heavy city and have friends with scary good skills. I would ask them to track down where the websites are being hosted and would also do a deep dive on any names that are coming up. No doubt some of them are fake, but if a real one comes up you can find out a lot. My sister has some subscriptions to public data accounts and if she has a real name... boom! Property records, marriage licenses, criminal records, etc. She can get all of that through the services she has paid access to. Don't ask me how I know. This is only for investigating someone in the U.S. however.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

For one starting point: Here is the office complex in which they (at least allegedly per their website) have a P.O. Box:
    Contact – Office Space Rental Santa Monica CA | Walk Office Space for Lease / Airport

With some digging or even the assistance of a helpful collector local to the area, it may be possible to find the person's name on the lease.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    For one starting point: Here is the office complex in which they (at least allegedly per their website) have a P.O. Box:
    Contact – Office Space Rental Santa Monica CA | Walk Office Space for Lease / Airport

With some digging or even the assistance of a helpful collector local to the area, it may be possible to find the person's name on the lease.
    Thank you for this, i hope somebody will track them down, i live in europe and as mention i was stupid and payed with banktransfer so its not much i can do i guess, someday they will burn the wrong people and get caugth i hope.

I will here post another email from this scum just to warn others ,this is how they sound.
    i had a bad feeling all the time, to nice and to fast replys, but after many, many emails back and forth
    i tusted them and made the bank transfer. so learn from my mistakes.

"Hi Tobias !

Thanks for your kind reply and sharing what you feel. Having been on the other side of the coin as a buyer most of my life... I have always hated when dealers want to charge me unnecessary taxes or fees on purchase. I also never understood why I need to pay custom , vat or duties. Hence why for the last 30 years none of my buyers have to pay any unnecessary fees. Its an expensive hobby as it is and we should always do our best has historians of these artifacts to make them available to a larger audience. Its also imperative to preserve the history and to do what ever we can to help our buyers precure items they most cherish. There is more value in human relations and helping others then there is in profits. This has been my business philosophy ever since I opened and has rewarded me well by the relationships I have established.

If your able to cancel your reserve with the other dealer( if no money was exchanged) then let me know and I would be happy to sell you this artifact. If there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. As I said earlier I will place a reserve on the item for 3 days pending your inquiry.

Wishing you a beautiful day !"

Sad to hear this But no need to stop collecting... Now you have learned your lesson the HARD way.

Take care.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Thank you for this, i hope somebody will track them down, i live in europe and as mention i was stupid and payed with banktransfer so its not much i can do i guess, someday they will burn the wrong people and get caugth i hope.
    I was providing ideas/leads for you to track them down if you wish. If it happened to me personally I would probably spend hours on it and not just the roughly 20-25 minutes I spent trying to help you get started. I would notify police in their area and play "Internet detective" myself. Heck, if I was mad enough I would try to find a fellow collector in the Santa Monica area and pay them for their time to go to that office complex and see if they could figure out which office that mail box belongs to. Then, see if there is any revealing information on the door to that particular office suite or even if building management would disclose what the name of the lease holder is. Although, again, it is possible the address does not even belong to them and it's a farce to make their website look more legitimate.

I would also look at the bank information that they provided to you so you could send the transfer. Where is the bank located? etc.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Firstly, Agitatorn I feel very bad for you over what has happened and I feel incredibly angry with these scum. When I first started collecting I was ripped off a few times on fake items or items that had been messed with. The problem was I had no knowledge and knowledge is power. I too felt like giving up and did indeed have a break but that was partly due to lack of funds. Just look at this a learning experience, a sharpening of your tools. It would be a double loss for you if you gave it all away.

I agree wholeheartedly with Todd. I would try to chase these characters down especially if you can do it in a way that does not cost you too much. Who knows, if they are really located in the US you may even be able to arrange a police visit.

Andy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast