Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help purchasing item from German eBay

Article about: I have found a beautiful tornister that I’d like to add to my collection however nothing can be easy and the seller won’t ship to America. Initially I didn’t think much of it and tried

Default Help purchasing item from German eBay

I have found a beautiful tornister that I’d like to add to my collection however nothing can be easy and the seller won’t ship to America. Initially I didn’t think much of it and tried to contact the seller but he has his messages turned off so there is no way to contact him. I was hoping someone here may be able to point out something I missed or if there is a way I can get around this? I’m asking because I’d prefer not to just loose this item but again there may not be a choice. If not I’ll try and see if I can contact people I know to buy it then ship it to me.

Sorry if this is a strange question

Thank you for any help,
    Bodhi

BodhiEtheridge; any chance you could provide the the site that is offering the tornister ? If you are looking for a missing step in the buying process, we need the site to see what is involved and what you might have overlooked. My gut feeling is that you are up against a seller that has some aversion to dealing with Americans, so having a representative buy it for you might be the only option you have. The fact that the guy has turned off his messages leads me to believe that he is is a problem for which there is no easy solution. Dwight

The site is eBay.de the seller doesn’t ship to America and he can’t be contacted. I added the eBay seller, seems like a decent account but I may be wrong.

hundkatzemausundronja auf eBay

?

I've noticed the same thing occasionally happening when I try to contact US sellers on eBay. I think if the seller has not indicated any international postage when creating the listing eBay automatically disables messages from international users. The idea is to prevent nuisance messages and scams for the seller.

Hi BodhiEtheridge!

Mainly I buy in Ebay.de, what I do is first to check with the seller if he ships to my adress and the value of the shipping, never had a problem as German people are serious and polite.

Best regards

Nacho

Cheers guys for the responses and help, I’m going to leave this one it’s a very nice tornister but will be too much of a hassle for me to get my hands on it.

For anyone that likes pre war German gear this is a beautiful piece so I’ll throw up the link for anyone who may be interested and able to to buy.
    TORNISTER AFFE MANNSCHAFTEN DEUTSCHE WEHRMACHT (4) | eBay

Use the Google translator and send and inquiry to the seller!!!

I attempted to but the seller has no way for me to communicate with him, messages are disabled for me and there is no email address.

Bad luck Bro! Hope you will be luckier the next time!!

Best regards

?

Is there someone you know in Europe who it could be sent to instead? In NZ we have a program called YouShop where you can have your packages sent to a UK or US address and then they are sent onto you. Does the US have a similar program?