Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How does one incresase Reputation?

Article about: How does one incresase Reputation? Get more of them funky green squares on the WRF ID-tag?

The green bars reputation squares have actually pretty much lost all purpose anymore than from when they first began, and frankly, I'm surprised that they even still exist. As Ned said, the system was twisted and abused to the point where they mean very little these days. The top number of them able to be attained seems to be frozen at 11 now and even those with 10's of thousands of positive postings such as Adrian Stevenson himself have a maxxed out 11. People nowadays basically pay little attention to them at all and focus on helping others learn the needed bits to operate safely in the hobby.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Au contraire James. I trust and value your considered opinions above most others in your field of interest.

ahhh. It Jim, not James....LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by big ned View Post
    Au contraire James. I trust and value your considered opinions above most others in your field of interest.
    Oh, Ned!

index.jpg

Lightbulb

I still consider myself as a relative newbie here & have to say that I find the 'green squares' useful as an indicator of what members here appreciate seeing on the forum - the 'thanks' tool is also a handy way of acknowledgement without having to clutter threads with one-word responses.

?

Question

I've always thought that if all I had to say was a single word response it generally wasn't worth the time to answer! Occasionally, But --
    I have never considered the post count under my name to be a very big deal.
    Quality is what counts in replying to something, Not quanity!
    Sarge

Sometimes a statement can be liked / appreciated as well.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Did somebody mention my name anyway back to the thread ,what are these green bars I'm intrigued

Somebody erased yours....!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks Kris

?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    How does one incresase Reputation? Get more of them funky green squares on the WRF ID-tag?
    Is it all that important to you? I seem to remember a young lady who no longer posts here asking a similar question about 3 or 4 years ago. I was on a rostered day off, & in the space of a morning witnessed the aforementioned go from one green bar to three with no constructive input whatsoever. All said & told the bars mean nothing & I would rather take notice of a member with only 20 posts who obviously knows their craft & hobby, instead of the serial poster with numerous green bars that posts just for the sake of building up post count. These people stand out like a sore thumb.

Regards
    Brett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast