Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Import

Article about: I'd like to buy an edged weapon from lakesidetrader, who lives in Canada (if I'm correct). - Can I import such items into Belgium? It's a weapon, but I'm not buying it as a weapon. - Does an

?

Default Import

I'd like to buy an edged weapon from lakesidetrader, who lives in Canada (if I'm correct).

- Can I import such items into Belgium? It's a weapon, but I'm not buying it as a weapon.

- Does anyone have an idea on import taxes etc. ?

I know you probably don't know Belgian legislation, but an indication about other countries might help me as well. I don't have any other clues to go on, and I don't want to get huge extra costs or other problems...

I tried to find some shops online from Europe to avoid these problems, but most of them are either very expensive or have only a small assortment of edged weapons.

Any help is much appreciated.

Default Re: Import

Hi Kris:
    I appaud your efforts to talk with fellow collectors. I also have some local contacts in Belgium that may be able to provide some insight for you.
    If you want me to hook you up just email me.
    Warm regards
    Paul

Default Re: Import

I could tell you about UK legislation but I don't think it would necessarily help you - you need to check with the Belgium authorities just to be sure.

Internet de l'Administration des douanes et accises

Looks like you might have to pay the inevitable TVA.

Regards

Richie