Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Introduction - hello!

Article about: Hi, New to this forum, looks like it's growing fast! I'm collector and interested in research (mainly about fighting in Southern Estonia in 1944 august-september). Recently got interested in

?

Default Introduction - hello!

Hi,
    New to this forum, looks like it's growing fast! I'm collector and interested in research (mainly about fighting in Southern Estonia in 1944 august-september). Recently got interested in digging again, lots of unexplorer places left here. Will show some finds too probably, have made plans for a couple of trips next week.
    If anyone has some information about sources regarding my research interests, please contact me!

Regards

Thumbs up Re: Introduction - hello!

Hi Toivok

Welcome to the forum. I'am sure you will find a lot of diggers here that can give you the information that you are looking for...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Default Re: Introduction - hello!

Hello Toivo and welcome to the forum.
    Must of the battlefields in south Estonia was not a big strongholds or long time positions. As you know from the books is a tankbattle near Sangaste, and Elva. But there was a fields in the war time period and most of the items now in the farmers attics. Other part of south- eastern Estonia has some good battlefield, but very hard to find something due of "jumping" figths on the forests without positions. I recommend to visit the Veriora area, there was some interesting places where fought Luftwaffe field divisionen...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thanks for the tips!
    Yes most of it has proven to be true, especially attic part Will try and visit Veriora then, I'm especially interested in 12. Luftwaffe FD fighting. Have already visited battlefields of both bigger armored engagements several times.
    Regards

?

This helmet was found by my friend Valev, he live near the Veriora and make some trips to the forests and old attics, last time he sold me that Luftwaffe FD steelhelmet

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Toivo welcome to the forum nice to have you on board
    Ben

?

Thanks to all!
    We have some edge with our digging plans as we got a couple of wartime maps for the areas we plan to visit, so far these have proven to be accurate. Better than beating in the bush