MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kiwitedferny

Article about: I sometimes come across YouTube videos where the poster dropped off the radar without trace and wonder what happened to them. One person who has piqued my interest is 'Kiwitedferny' - he has

?

Default Kiwitedferny

I sometimes come across YouTube videos where the poster dropped off the radar without trace and wonder what happened to them. One person who has recently piqued my interest is 'Kiwitedferny' - he hasn't posted for 7-8 years and yet his videos are still on YouTube (see kiwitedferny - YouTube), he seemed to have quite a collection of weapons and militaria and to be an expert on many items (or at least come off as one).

There is some odd video or two of an American driving a car whilst taking about some big falling out Kiwi Ted had with someone online, but it makes no sense.

Does anyone know Kiwi Ted and the back story?

He posted on Facebook about a year ago, but I haven't heard anything of him since. He's moved to a new house and built himself a new mancave, and from the photos he posted it was even more impressive than his other one. Maybe he's decided that plastering a collection of such value over social media was too much of a liability? Maybe he just got tired of the song and dance of online discourse. He's still around and still collecting, anyway, just not in the public eye.

B.B.

?

Hi BB

Thanks for the insights on this. I can understand the desire to not draw too much attention to his collection, and in some videos where he talks about the value of SS daggers etc. you have to question the wisdom of doing this. Seems strange though to keep the videos online if that is the case, because NZ is a small place and notoriety in the wrong areas presumably can be quickly gained?

Quote by MG42UK View Post
    Hi BB

Thanks for the insights on this. I can understand the desire to not draw too much attention to his collection, and in some videos where he talks about the value of SS daggers etc. you have to question the wisdom of doing this. Seems strange though to keep the videos online if that is the case, because NZ is a small place and notoriety in the wrong areas presumably can be quickly gained?
    That's a good point. With the level of security on his collection room, he certainly doesn't have to worry too much about theft. I think he's just grown tired of the back and forth and decided to keep things private. He always struck me as the kind of collector who prefers to keep himself to himself.

B.B.

He use to buy a lot of fakes and got a lot of heat on his videos for just being someone splashing cash with no idea.
    He hated the interactions as well. If you go back to 1 of his SOS videos almost everything he bought was rubbish.

Morris

CBH
    ?

The Delta Fake SS pennant he shows off comes to mind.

?

Appreciate the additional context, I will try and find that SOS video

CBH
    ?

Another thing is gun laws in New Zealand changed after a mass shooting, I’d imagine he lost his gun collection or at least the fully automatic weapons.