Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A lesson in reinventing

Article about: Q: what do the 3 items below have in common?????? A: They were ALL made by the same company!!!! The firm of Rudolf Wächtler & Lange ( maker '100' ) made EK1's ( as well as many other TR

Default A lesson in reinventing

Q: what do the 3 items below have in common??????

A: They were ALL made by the same company!!!!

The firm of Rudolf Wächtler & Lange ( maker '100' ) made EK1's ( as well as many other TR medals ) from 1934 onward after contract award from the incoming government. After the war, the company was still considered a viable concern and a trusteeship was established to reorganize the future of the company. The fact that along with military awards, the company made religious medals and iconography may have assisted in determining that it should survive post-war and NOT be dissolved like so many others did. In the 1950's the major company direction was into caged roller bearing production and in the mid 1960's they added production of rolled aluminium rims for the vehicle industry.

NOW known as MPT Prazisionsteile GmbH, the old firm that engraver Rudolf Wächtler set up in 1895 is still making bearings of all sorts for industry. The German car ( insert make of choice here ) you are driving could well have bearings with Eisernes Kreuz ancestry!!!!

I wonder how many other TR enterprises are still around? ( in some form or another )

Regards, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I see so many German firms still in business with a "history"so to speak. This is a great post! Now, just outside my house I see a metal fitting for a pipe with the name....Krupp! NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I see so many German firms still in business with a "history"so to speak. This is a great post! Now, just outside my house I see a metal fitting for a pipe with the name....Krupp! NH
    Just make sure the "pipe" is not an earlier Krupp product too.
    It may go BANG!!!

Very nice! It made me think of the Krupp coffee pot I have in the kitchen

The pharmaceutical company Bayer (Bayer Medical) is also still around... Founded 1863, and still going strong.
    Know for inventing aspirin, Prontosil (the first commercially available antibacterial drug), and zyklon B...

The company was part of IG Farben during WWII (it had been a part of IG Farben since 1925), but after WWII the company re-emerged as Bayer following the many lawsuits and trials in the post war period.

Very interesting thread Dan, thanks
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I have a set of knives in my kitchen from a well known producer of TR-era blades

Capture.JPG 30304000.png

Then again, who could overlook our freinds at Porsche?

KTiger_FirePwr_Testing.jpgLarge%20Image%20(optional).jpg

Now THATS reinventing oneself Glenn! !

This started out as being about an EK but I can see that it is now better to be in the 'discussion' fotum. Can some mod assist with its migration please?

Cheers, Dan

Moved to discussion forum cool military Great Thread !!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Siemens Then and now

I have a Siemens K32 radio - an entertainment radio for the Luftwaffe. Siemens is still in business so here is a bit of then and now. NH

images.jpgimagesseimen.jpg

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast