Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Memorial Day

Article about: Hello! I just wanted to take a quick moment to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day. I found this photo online and I thought you ladies and gentlemen would greatly appreciate it! chive-memoria

Default Memorial Day

Hello!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day.

I found this photo online and I thought you ladies and gentlemen would greatly appreciate it!

chive-memorial-19.jpg

Default Re: Memorial Day

Thank you to all the vets and to those still wearing the uniform.

I spent part of last night with my friend and neighbor who is a ww2 vet.
    He enjoys the company and I like hearing all his war stories.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Cool story! I will be rocking my POW/MIA Nam bracelets all weekend, as I do quite often. Got a sick weekend coming up and the Blue Angels tearing it up over my house for the next few days. Let us not forget those who put it all on the line (past and present) so that we can have great holiday weekends such as this! Thank you all (including our friends abroad) and God Bless!

Great post GIZMO8Z. Thank you.

No problem guys. I saw the picture on a comedy website, and it really touched me.

If I ever see anyone wearing a hat, pin, shirt, etc. that identifies them as a veteran, I make sure to go out of my way to shake their hand and thank them.

What is sad is that I am not the norm when it comes to this... I've noticed that a lot of the WWII vets think that nobody remembers them... while the Vietnam vets think that nobody cares.

?

Lest we forget

Hi,
    Bless them all the world over, they gave us our freedom,
    Dave.

What a great photo, Giz. I feel sorry that vets, from any war, feel no one cares or remembers. Memorial Day has become another shopping holiday for special deals, a long weekend and a reason to light up the grill. Nothing wrong with some shopping and definitely nothing wrong with the long weekend and grill, but people need to remember WHY the stores offer the deals and WHY they have the long weekend to use that grill. I am making it a point to call one veteran I met last year and thank him for his service in WWII. He was shot down over Europe in 1944. Parachuted and captured by the Germans. Spent the remainder of the war in a POW camp. God bless them all, those still with us and those that have passed on.

Here's to my Uncle Joe Kelly, WWII US Navy, Sea Bee, Combat Engineer. Saw a lot of action in the WWII Pacific Campaigns. He passed away last month. That leaves the family with one last Uncle who served in the US Navy, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

I hope we all remember our comrads both past and present this Memorial Day.

Burt

Amen, guys. Amen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast