Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Midway - "The Movie"

Article about: I fully expect scathing reviews just from watching the trailer. Was even thinking they should have titles it "Pearl Harbor - Part Two"... But here is the first official review I ha

MAP
    ?

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    It'll really be interesting how they handle the experiences of Ensign George Gay.

Ensign George H. Gay's Fateful Day, June 4, 1942 | The Sextant
    I know this story well. I'm sure the movie will gloss over it...but we can hold out hope.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I also saw the 1976 version on the big screen, don't think I'll be watching this one.

I'm tired of people Bagging "Pearl Harbor" and the likes --I watch war movies for the romance scenes!! screw the historical stuff!!!

My Uncle Walter Cameron Grist was on Midway in 1942 he was a 19 yrs old Marine on Eastern Island VMSB-241 MAG 21. He would spend 30 years in the Marines, He can be found on the net...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'm tired of people Bagging "Pearl Harbor" and the likes --I watch war movies for the romance scenes!! screw the historical stuff!!!
    Well....I've heard that in the past a war or two have been started over a women.....and launched a 1,000 ships, so maybe it is part of the historical narrative...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    It'll really be interesting how they handle the experiences of Ensign George Gay.

Ensign George H. Gay's Fateful Day, June 4, 1942 | The Sextant
    Tex, forgot all about him--I was lucky enough to meet him back at the EAA/Oshkosh show in '78--nice guy, took the time to speak to a young kid, and gave me an autographed photo for free (if I recall right, he was selling photos, but I had already run out of money by the time I got to his table!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I watch war movies for the romance scenes!! screw the historical stuff!!!
    I told my wife that Heart Break Ridge was a romance!!! There was some romance in it!!!! But Damn did I get some looks during that flick!!!!!

She told me today about Midway is Out. I told her that I'm not hearing good reviews!! Rotten tomatoes and thumbs down from the WRF movie critics

Semper Fi
    Phil

"Danger Close" looking forward to this one!
    Danger Close (2019) - IMDb
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-09-2019 at 01:13 AM. Reason: added pic

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I told my wife that Heart Break Ridge was a romance!!! There was some romance in it!!!! But Damn did I get some looks during that flick!!!!!

She told me today about Midway is Out. I told her that I'm not hearing good reviews!! Rotten tomatoes and thumbs down from the WRF movie critics

Semper Fi
    Phil
    ROFL!!!!

My wife actually loved Heart Break Ridge. Must have watched it 2 or 3 times.

Of course I had to explain everything to her..... "See that gun. now that rifle is a type 38, oh, and that helmet? It is a swivel bale, those are the later version of the earlier M1 fixed bale helmets...."

I wonder why she (and my kids) hates watching war movies with me.

Quote by MAP View Post
    ROFL!!!!

My wife actually loved Heart Break Ridge. Must have watched it 2 or 3 times.

Of course I had to explain everything to her..... "See that gun. now that rifle is a type 38, oh, and that helmet? It is a swivel bale, those are the later version of the earlier M1 fixed bale helmets...."

I wonder why she (and my kids) hates watching war movies with me.
    Exactly the same here!!! I can't shut the hell up either, bit of luck Wifey will watch Danger Close with me!?!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast