Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Militaria Trader Suspended for Display of Swastika Flag

Article about: Hello folks. Here's a story that cropped up in the news earlier today. Another case of political correctness overriding common sense. Seems things like this are becoming more and more common

Default Militaria Trader Suspended for Display of Swastika Flag

Hello folks.

Here's a story that cropped up in the news earlier today. Another case of political correctness overriding common sense. Seems things like this are becoming more and more common:

A MARKET trader of war memorabilia has been suspended after protests over a Nazi flag on his stall. The huge black swastika prompted 48,659 people to sign a petition demanding town council leaders ban “flags of fascism”. Outrage erupted after it was seen at a collectors’ market in Leek, Staffs. Campaigner Jo Coulson, 39, who handed in the petition, said: “This abhorrent symbol represents murder and genocide.”
    Mayor Brian Johnson said after receiving the document: “I don’t believe in censorship. "Rightly or wrongly, the Nazi flag is a part of our history.” Campaigners are now calling for his resignation. The market’s operator Archer Fairs Ltd suspended the unidentified trader until further notice.

Seems people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nearly 49,000 people, to be exact. Would it not be obvious, in the context of everything else he's selling, why the flag is there? And I do wonder, if he had hung a hammer and sickle or Imperial Japanese battle flag in the same spot, would these same people have demanded the banning of 'flags of communism' or 'flags of imperialism?' Are they not as representative of murder and genocide as the Hakenkreuz?

Of course, the result of the German elections and other recent events might mean that people are currently very sensitive to such symbols, but it seems to me -- and I'm sure to most of you -- a complete overreaction to something utterly mundane and not at all sinister. It is important that the more unpalatable parts of history are kept in the light, so that they do not fester and grow in the dark. To censor these things, to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the past, would be to disregard the lessons they teach us and prepare ourselves to repeat them.

Link to the article, if you can stand reading the Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/456493...der-nazi-flag/

Opinions, folks?

Regards, B.B.

Sadly these petitions are a sign of the times we live in. There are a lot of 'sensitive' souls out there who are only too eager to set up an on-line-petition for whatever happens to hurt their feelings at any particular time. What is even sadder, are all the morons who feel they have to add their names to them.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sadly these petitions are a sign of the times we live in. There are a lot of 'sensitive' souls out there who are only too eager to set up an on-line-petition for whatever happens to hurt their feelings at any particular time. What is even sadder, are all the morons who feel they have to add their names to them.
    Good on the mayor, though. One of a dwindling number of people whose hearts don't rule their heads.

B.B.

Here is another one you may have missed, apparently there are some that feel that if you collect this stuff you must have ulterior motives and have to be part of some hate group.

Officials nix plans for Hitler's desk at Saratoga Springs gun show:
    https://www.northcountrypublicradio....rings-gun-show

A good example of the "snowflake" generation mate!...

Quote by sargetom View Post
    Here is another one you may have missed, apparently there are some that feel that if you collect this stuff you must have ulterior motives and have to be part of some hate group.

Officials nix plans for Hitler's desk at Saratoga Springs gun show:
    https://www.northcountrypublicradio....rings-gun-show
    It really is borderline Orwellian. As soon as they see swastikas, they go nuts and all hope of a logical explanation on your part goes out the window. There seems to be a widespread problem of being unable to separate interest in the history behind the items from sympathizing with the ideology they represent.

B.B.

Couldn't agree more... and then you have the Labour Party conference giving a rousing rendition of 'Keep The Red Flag Flying' without a thought to the 26 million or so, butchered under the red flag of the Stalinist regime. God help us all... Oh my God.... I've made a political statement!

Couldn't agree more... and then you have the Labour Party conference giving a rousing rendition of 'Keep The Red Flag Flying' without a thought to the 26 million or so, butchered under the red flag of the Stalinist regime. God help us all... Oh my God.... I've made a political statement!
    Indeed. People are quick to jump on stuff like this, but seem to be blissfully unaware of things like the Holodomor or the Cambodian Genocide.
    It isn't just fascists that do evil things in the name of their ideology. And for some of those ideologies to be praised openly and celebrated is far more alarming and sinister to me than some poor bloke being lambasted for selling militaria!

B.B.

This is what is happening when the left gets hold of people and poison their minds.

It Has Begun

and some say Zombies are a myth? ..take a look around and see why this world is going into the hole.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 001.jpg

Makes you wonder who the deniers really are
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree, I think they are all mentally ill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast