Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Moooo, or milk it for all it's worth.....auction nonsense

Article about: Saw a bullion SS Totenkopf tab that was cut down to be used for soft cap insignia. Sense I picked up a bullion SS cap Adler I thought I am going to bid on it. It was listed at Emedals. Well,

Default Moooo, or milk it for all it's worth.....auction nonsense

Saw a bullion SS Totenkopf tab that was cut down to be used for soft cap insignia. Sinse I picked up a mint bullion SS cap Adler last year I thought I am going to bid on it even tho it is not in mint condition. It was listed at Emedals. Well, I goofed up, did not register per their requirement and when I tried to place a max bid of just over $800.00 their you need to register blah blah came up. Not a big deal as at some point another one will become available. So I sat back and watched their auction that was to end at 11:48 AM Hawaii time, which was listed on the auction.

I was handily out bid as the bid I intended on placing was left in the dust but watched to the end. It became a nonsensical auction time wise...the auction ended after they added 12 minutes to the clock and it was happening after successive bidding. Hence the Moooo and the milking of bidders happened. Check the images out, how can the buyers be happy with what happened, advertise an end time, but then ignore it making collectors dig deeper for what they wanted? Note the 1st image time of 11:55 AM, they added 7 minutes at that point. Then the final image time of sold at 12 noon.

If you bid on this and won, I'd raise the point to medals, what was the winning bid at the auctions end time as per what your web page stated it would be? How can anyone be confident bidding when an auction house adds time beyond the stated end time? NONSENSE...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I always thought end times were end times...many reasons why I steer clear of auctions.

?

I have noticed many discrepancies with the emedals auction times. I treat them differently than a regular auction and just place a bid I'm willing to pay and don't look at again until the final outcome. Last minute snipe bidding doesn't work on their site as you pointed out they keep moving the goal post.
    Regards, Al

Gunbroker does the same nonsensical crap. Someone once told me its the internet auction’s version of “going once, going twice…”

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    I always thought end times were end times...many reasons why I steer clear of auctions.
    I watched and wanted to bid on the item because these rarely come up on the open market. but bidding against the auction house is like playing 21 at a table in Vegas with the house signaling the dealer while seeing your cards.

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    Gunbroker does the same nonsensical crap. Someone once told me its the internet auction’s version of “going once, going twice…”
    But wait, we'll just add more time!

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I have noticed many discrepancies with the emedals auction times. I treat them differently than a regular auction and just place a bid I'm willing to pay and don't look at again until the final outcome. Last minute snipe bidding doesn't work on their site as you pointed out they keep moving the goal post.

No kidding, it's like your bidding against the auction house and as well against a fellow collector. I was surprised they did not go for 30 or 45 minutes longer....zero ethics with EMedal clowns.

?

I was following this one as well. Was in the race on the BEVO runic tab.
    The added time after the last bid is such a pain. My strategy was to do a last bid in the last second before all the old time collectors on their Windows 95 PCs have a time to respond.